Giants Pierro-Zabotel signs with PenguinsMay 5, 2009 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Vancouver Giants Press Release
Pierro-Zabotel, 20, led the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League with 115 points (36 goals, 79 assists) along with a plus-62 rating in 72 contests this season. He was awarded the Bob Clarke Trophy as the leading scorer in the WHL with 115 points and was named the WHL Western Conference Player of the Year.
The 6-2, 210 pound winger set team records for the Giants in assists (79) and points (115) and was also named team MVP for the 2008-09 season. He notched 17 points (four goals, 13 assists) in 17 playoff appearances this season. Pierro-Zabotel played two seasons of major junior hockey with Vancouver tallying 163 points (55 goals, 108 assists) in 121 games. He contributed 23 points in 27 playoff contests for Vancouver. 'We are excited for Casey and wish him the best with the Penguins organization,' commented Giants General Manager Scott Bonner.
Western Hockey League Stories from May 5, 2009
- Giants Pierro-Zabotel signs with Penguins - Vancouver Giants
- Mikael Backlund of the Kelowna Rockets named Boston Pizza CHL Player of the Week - Kelowna Rockets
- Pats Dismiss Derkatch - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Get your 2009-2010 Hurricanes Season Tickets Today - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Pats Dismiss Coaching Staff - Regina Pats
- Kelowna Rockets Take 3-0 Series Lead Over Calgary Hitmen - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.