Red Bulls' Seth Stammler Undergoes Successful Right Knee SugeryOctober 31, 2008 - Major League Soccer (MLS) New York Red Bulls
"Since Seth's injury, we have tried to manage it on a day-to-day basis," said Sporting Director Jeff Agoos. "However, the pain became unmanageable and the decision from our medical staff was to immediately perform surgery."
Stammler, 27, has played and started in 26 games, scoring one goal and four assists this season. Playing both in the midfield and defense, the fifth-year player has featured in a total of 95 games for New York after being drafted in the second round (18th overall) of the 2004 MLS SuperDraft from the University of Maryland.
The Red Bulls begin their quest for a MLS Cup when they take on the two-time defending champion, Houston Dynamo, in the first leg of the teams' Western Conference Semifinal Series on Saturday at 4 PM ET at Giants Stadium (TV: MSG; Radio: WADO 1280 AM). For tickets, please call the Red Bulls at 1.877.RBSOCCER or log onto www.newyorkredbulls.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from October 31, 2008
- Wizards Begin Playoffs Tomorrow Against Columbus Crew - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo's Cameron, Kinnear among finalists for MLS awards - Houston Dynamo
- USA opens playoffs tomorrow at Real Salt Lake, returns home November 8 - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Dynamo open MLS Cup playoffs on Saturday - Houston Dynamo
- Red Bulls' Seth Stammler Undergoes Successful Right Knee Sugery - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United donates $10,000 to Kicks Against Breast Cancer - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.