Shane Loux Named 2008 PCL Pitcher of the YearAugust 27, 2008 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Salt Lake Bees
Loux, 28, is currently fifth in the league with a 3.98 ERA while appearing in 18 games with a team-best 12-6 record for the Bees in 2008. He is also tied for the league lead with twelve wins. In four games with the Angels this season, he owns a 3.12 ERA in 8.2 innings of relief.
Originally drafted out of Highland High School in Gilbert, Ariz. in the second round of the 1997 draft by the Detroit Tigers, the Rapid City, S.D. native signed with the Angels as a free agent on November 13, 2007.
The 80-58 Salt Lake Bees continue the team's final regular season road trip tonight against the Portland Beavers at 8:05 p.m. and are just one win away from clinching the Pacific North Division title.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 27, 2008
- Redbirds rally by I-Cubs - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's fall at Rosenblatt - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Brown Returns to Salt Lake - Salt Lake Bees
- 'Topes Surrender Walk-Off Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Beavers to Conduct Four Advanced Fall Clinics at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Royals Game Notes - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Oklahoma RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Ninth-Inning Gwynn Blast Provides 5-4 Win - Nashville Sounds
- Mario Encarnacion Award' to be announced on Friday at Raley Field - Sacramento River Cats
- Shane Loux Named 2008 PCL Pitcher of the Year - Salt Lake Bees
- 2008 PCL Pitcher Of The Year - PCL
- Bricktown Showdown - PCL
- Salt Lake rebounds from shutout to win nightcap - Portland Beavers
- Sidewinders Win Suspended Game - Tucson Sidewinders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.