Defenseman Rick Berry Signs American Hockey League ContractJuly 26, 2007 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Springfield Falcons
Berry is entering his 10th professional season after spending the 2006-07 campaign with the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers where he collected three goals and 15 assists for 18 points and 155 penalty minutes in 76 games played. The 6-foot-2, 213-pound native of Birtle, Manitoba was second among all Bridgeport defensemen in games played last year and he was second on the Sound Tigers in penalty minutes.
"Rick will add a physical element to our blueline during the upcoming season," said Falcons president and general manager Bruce Landon. "He also brings a tremendous amount of pro experience at both the AHL and NHL level. Rick brings nine years of pro experience into our dressing room, which will add a solid veteran presence to our roster."
Berry is a veteran of 374 career AHL contests collecting 25 goals and 72 assists for 97 points and 763 penalty minutes. He has also appeared in 197 career NHL contests seeing time with the Colorado Avalanche, Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals. Berry was originally drafted by Colorado in the third round (55th overall) in the 1997 NHL Entry Draft.
The Falcons are currently accepting deposits on full, half, and 10-game ticket packages for the 2007-08 season, in addition to 40 and 10-Flex Packs. Any individual who purchases a Falcons' ticket package up until opening night is automatically entered for a chance to win a trip to Edmonton, Alberta to see an Edmonton Oilers' regular season game during the 2007-08 season, all expenses paid. For more information please contact the Falcons office at 413-739-3344.
American Hockey League Stories from July 26, 2007
- Canadiens, Bulldogs Renew ECHL Affiliation With Cyclones - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms sign Zingoni & Ross - Adirondack Phantoms
- Second Annual Celebrity Summer Street Crunch Game Scheduled for Saturday, July 28 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Sign Goalie Maxime Ouellet - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Keefe and Tardif Headline Griffins' Returning Quartet - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Shore Up Blueline With Sipotz - Chicago Wolves
- Defenseman Rick Berry Signs American Hockey League Contract - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals To Visit Hershey September 29 - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.