Jamel Staten of the Minnesota Ripknees to Play in Saudi ArabiaMay 7, 2007 - American Basketball Association (ABA) - Minnesota Ripknees Press Release
Staten, who was rated as the No. 2 minor league basketball player in the United States, averaged 28.2 points in leading the Ripknees in their expansion season in the American Basketball Association. The Minneapolis, Minn. native also pulled down 9.1 rebounds per game, averaged 4.1 assists and 3.3 steals. He shot 39.7% from behind the three-point arc (114-287) and was a 77.7% (150-193) free throw shooter. The former all-American standout at Minnesota State University, Mankato also had the rare achievement of a quadruple-double in a 125-107 win over the St. Louis Stunners (29 pts, 13 reb, 10 ast, 10 stl) on Feb. 1.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
American Basketball Association Stories from May 7, 2007
- The Summer's heating up with the Buzz of what's going on in Maywood - Maywood Buzz
- Jamel Staten of the Minnesota Ripknees to Play in Saudi Arabia - Minnesota Ripknees
- Sea Dawgs Announce Summer Camp Scholarships - Wilmington Sea Dawgs
- Ask the CEO - ABA
- ABA looking for officials - ABA
- Gladiators Announce Details Of Upcoming Boys Summer Basketball Camp - Orange County Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.