RoadRunners Zip Past ThunderDecember 11, 2005 - ECHL (ECHL) - Stockton Thunder
Stockton jumped out to an early lead on Lalonde's first goal of the game, assisted by Dean Stork and Landon Bathe, just 2:48 into the first period. The RoadRunners answered with J.F. Soucy's game-tying goal at 5:36.
Phoenix took a 3-1 lead in the second, with goals coming from Peter Trovato and Jake Riddle. Stockton was unable to score in the period, despite getting off 19 shots on the RoadRunner's goaltender Mathieu Chouinard.
Stockton came charging back in the third. Nathan Martz scored 5:36 into the period from Joel Irwin and Geno Parrish. Martz and Tony Johnson then fed Lalonde, who tied the game up on the power play at 3-3, with 6:48 to go in the game. Phoenix took the lead for good when Dean Tiltgen skated past the Thunder defense and beat Jeff Weber, taking the lead at 4-3.
Stockton finished 3-for-11 on the power play, extending their streak to 17 consecutive games with a power play goal.
The Thunder also announced that forward Maris Ziedins has been selected to participate in a pre-Olympic tournament for the Latvian national team. Ziedins will be away from the Thunder for a two-week duration, rejoining the team for Stockton's December 26 game against the Fresno Falcons.
The Thunder returns to play on Friday, December 16 against the Las Vegas Wranglers at Stockton Arena, with the opening face-off slated for 7:30pm. The game can be heard live on the internet (free-of-charge) and is available for a $6 "pay-per-view" fare at www.stocktonthunder.com, courtesy of B-2 Networks.
Thunder season tickets, individual tickets, and mini packages are on-sale now. Individual tickets can be purchased in-person at Stockton Arena's Box Office, online at www.stocktontickets.com, or by phone at (209) 373-1700. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.stocktonthunder.com.
ECHL Stories from December 11, 2005
- RoadRunners Zip Past Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Oh Captain, My Captain: Tiltgen Gives Roadrunners 4-3 Win - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
- RoadRunners Silence Thunder 4-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Royals Can't Hold Back The Dogs, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Charlotte clipped at Pensacola 4-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Roadrunners Get Thunderstruck 4-0 in Stockton - OSC Original by Andrew Nordmeier
- Titans Sneak By Rays 2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ice Pilots Win 4-3 vs Charlotte - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Thunder-Struck! Stockton Shuts Out 'Runners 4-0 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Open and shutout case - Stockton Thunder
- Falcons Battle from Behind but Eventually Fall in Shootout - Fresno Falcons
- Aces extend streak to 11, beat Fresno 3-2 in a shootout - Alaska Aces
- Grizzlies drop one to Gulls, 4-3 - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.