Cards blank RenegadesJuly 13, 2005 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) Hudson Valley Renegades
The Cardinals scored the first run of the game in the 2nd inning when Brandon Yarbrough singled to lead off the inning and scored on an Adam Morris sac fly to right. Both offenses were then held scoreless until the 7th inning when Rodgers and Morris, collegiate teammates at Rice University, hit home runs to left field. Their home runs also came on consecutive pitches off of Renegades pitcher Willy Corporan
For the 2nd straight outing the Cardinals received strong pitching. Cardinals starter Nick Webber, and the relief trio of Adam Daniels, Michael Gross, and Matthew Trent combined to allow only 4 Renegade base runners all night. Webber tied the single game season high mark of 7 strikeouts in his 6 innings of work.
The Cardinals and Renegades will play again at Skylands on Thursday, July 14th for the middle game of the series, as they attempt to extend their 5 game winning streak. Thursdays game will also feature the Cardinals Business Expo, as local businesses will be on the concourse with information booths promoting their companies. Only fans that purchase tickets to the game will be allowed into the expo.
For further information, please contact the Cardinals at (973) 579-7500.
New York-Penn League Stories from July 13, 2005
- Aberdeen defeated by Yankees 8-0 - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Cyclones contine six-game homestand - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Crosscutters blank Cyclones, 3-0 - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Cards blank Renegades - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cyclones offer deal - Brooklyn Cyclones
- New Jersey Cardinals notebook - New Jersey Cardinals
- Struggling offense drop IronBirds again - Aberdeen IronBirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.