Rapids Acquire Youth International Slot from RSLJune 29, 2005 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Colorado Rapids
In another transaction, the Rapids also traded the rights to John Pulido to FC Dallas in exchange for a 2006 Fourth Round Major League Soccer supplemental draft pick.
Both Gregorio and Pulido where selected by the Rapids in the 2004 SuperDraft. According to MLS rules, "A player who was drafted by a particular team through the SuperDraft or Supplemental Draft and did not sign is placed on that team's 'College Protected List' until the second December 31 immediately following the draft in question, after which the team loses the rights to the player."
Colorado now has three (3) Permanent Youth Slots available (with GK Bouna Coundoul occupying a 4th).
Major League Soccer Stories from June 29, 2005
- Rapids drop 1-0 decision to Earthquakes - Colorado Rapids
- Revs quartet at US camp - New England Revolution
- Wizards come back to tie Crew 1-1 - Sporting Kansas City
- Chiva USA opens soccer academy in Carson - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Seven players from Chivas' legendary 'Campeonisimo' to make appearance against Chicago Fire - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Week two of "Soccer Aid III" for juvenile diabetes is underway - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake acquires midfielder Adolfo Gregorio - Real Salt Lake
- Rapids Acquire Youth International Slot from RSL - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas signs John Pulido to developmental contract - FC Dallas
- MetroStars acquire Suarez - New York Red Bulls
- Fire to participate in USSF Passback Program to aid youth soccer teams - Chicago Fire
- Earthquakes forward Ching to undergo surgery - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake acquires defender Paul Broome - Real Salt Lake
- Galaxy acquire draft pick from Real Salt Lake - Los Angeles Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.