Kent Sauer Announces RetirementOctober 8, 2004 - ECHL (ECHL) Pensacola Ice Pilots
Sauer played in 61 games with the Ice Pilots last season scoring 4 goals, 12 assists for 16 points and picked up 94 penalty minutes and also played in all five Kelly Cup Playoff games last year picking up four penalty minutes. Sauer missed the entire 2002-2003 season with the Ice Pilots because of a knee injury.
Sauer, who was a fan favorite with the Ice Pilots and did a lot of community work with the team, also played with New Orleans and Cincinnati in the ECHL and with Milwaukee of the IHL. He played one year of junior hockey for Portland of the WHL and also one year of college hockey at the University of Minnesota-Duluth.
"Kent was one of my favorite players from last season as he was one of those players who gave everything that he had and left it all on the ice. He was a true professional who knew how to take care of himself and was great in the community. We wish Kent and his wife Sara the best of luck as they will be missed by the entire Ice Pilots organization," said Ice Pilots owner Tim Kerr.
The Ice Pilots will begin training camp tomorrow morning at the Pensacola Civic Center under new Head Coach Dave Farrish with physicals at 8:30 a.m. and practice on the ice beginning at 11:00 a.m.
The Ice Pilots will play two home preseason games vs. the Gwinnett Gladiators at the Pensacola Civic Center on Friday, October 15 and Saturday, October 16 with both games beginning at 7:05 p.m.
Individual game tickets for the Ice Pilots two home preseason games are now on sale. Cost of individual game tickets for the two preseason games are $10 for all lower level seats and $5 for all upper level seats.
Individual game tickets for all 36 home ga mes during the regular season will go on sale Friday, October 15 at 10:00 a.m. Cost for individual game tickets during the regular season are $22 for floor and glass, $15 for sides, $13 for behind the goal and lower upper level and $10 for upper level seats.
Fans can purchase individual game tickets for all 36 home games and the two preseason games in person at the Civic Center Box office, at any Ticketmaster location, Charge by Phone at 850-434-7444 or through the Ice Pilots website at www.icepilots.com.
The Ice Pilots under new Head Coach Dave Farrish will begin the 2004-2005 regular season at Mississippi on October 23 and play their home opener Saturday, October 30 vs. the Kelly Cup Finalists Florida Everblades at 7:05 p.m.
Season tickets for all 36 home games for floor and glass seats are $649.44, side seats are $459.00, goal seats and lower upper seats are $411.84 and upper seats cost $324.00 16 game plans, 8 game plans and flex packs also are available. Fans can call the Ice Pilots office at 432-7825 for season ticket and corporate sponsorship information.
The Ice Pilots are currently looking for housing for players for the regular season. The Ice Pilots regular housing is not available because of Hurricane Ivan. If anybody can help out with player housing, please call the Ice Pilots at 432-7825.
ECHL Stories from October 8, 2004
- Falcons Re-sign Weaver - Fresno Falcons
- Six NHL prospects headed to Greenville - Greenville Grrrowl
- Women's only hockey clinic back by popular demand - Greenville Grrrowl
- Training camp practice schedule finalized - Greenville Grrrowl
- Condors Land on NHL.com - Bakersfield Condors
- Kent Sauer Announces Retirement - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Gulls Training Camp Roster Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Titans Host AHL Phantoms On Monday - ECHL
- Titans Unveil Listening Options - Trenton Devils
- 20 Players Expected To Report For First Day Of Practice - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- First practice set for Saturday afternoon - Myrtle Beach Thunderboltz
- Training camp day one - Wheeling Nailers
- Sea Wolves Open Training Camp - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Greg Batters Named Assistant Coach - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Randy Maxwell Named Salmon Kings Director of Hockey Operations - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Victoria Salmon Kings team up with Molson - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Florida Opens Camp Monday Morning - Florida Everblades
- Bob Woods featured on ECHL.com - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- ECHL Training Camp Rosters - ECHL
- Checkers find accomodations for opponents - Charlotte Checkers
- Gwinnett Gladiators add three players to Training Camp Roster - Gwinnett Gladiators
- IceGators Individual Game Tickets Go On Sale Tomorrow - Louisiana IceGators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.