Roster Sees Second Half ChangesJune 27, 2004 - Midwest League (MWL) West Michigan Whitecaps
Martinez has started two games in Oneonta this season. He won his most recent start on June 23 allowing one run in seven innings. He has a 2.08 ERA in 13 innings of work including one walk and 12 strikeouts. In 2003, Martinez posted a 3-3 record for the DSL Tigers and GCL Tigers with a 3.95 ERA in 13 games. Martinez will be joining the Whitecaps on Monday in South Bend.
Baldwin is currently 8-4 with a 2.76 ERA in 14 starts. Following the first half, he played in the Midwest League All-Star game for the Eastern Division team. During that game, Baldwin went 1.1 innings, striking out two and walking one.
Midwest League Stories from June 27, 2004
- Snappers downed by Cougars - Beloit Snappers
- Drought over, skid not; Quad Cities continues its assault on Kernels, 8-1 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars beat Beloit 12 - 8 - Kane County Cougars
- Sevilla Powers Bees Past Whitecaps - Burlington Bees
- Unlucky numbers in loss for Timber Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Yankees lose final game, series to Wizards - Southwest Michigan Devil Rays
- No Honey for 'Caps in Bees Nest - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Full Day of Home Runs, but Dragons fall short 6-3 - Dayton Dragons
- Harben dominates as Swing top Kernels, 6-0 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Roster Sees Second Half Changes - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Snappers Shut Out by Kane County - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.