Xplosion Eliminated from Playoffs
PITTSBURGH, March 18, 2008 - The Pittsburgh Xplosion came a long way in the 2007-2008 season. They put the memories of a dismal 10-38 campaign behind them to qualify for the CBA Playoffs. Tuesday night, however, the Xplosion's quest for the CBA Title came to an end. Pittsburgh fell to Minot, 103-89.
For the second night in a row, the Xplosion kept the game close for the first three quarters. The Skyrockets managed to pull away in the fourth in each contest, however.
Kevin Mickens led the Xplosion with 23 points and 13 rebounds. Albert White chipped in with 21 points and eight rebounds. Chaz McCrommon added 10 points and seven rebounds.
Minot wins the series two games to none, and they will now face Oklahoma in the CBA Finals.
• Discuss this story on the Continental Basketball Association 1 message board...
Continental Basketball Association 1 Stories from March 18, 2008
- Skyrockets Advance to CBA Finals; Face Oklahoma Cavalry for CBA Championship - CBA 1
- Xplosion Eliminated from Playoffs - Pittsburgh Xplosion
- Paul Woolpert Receives CBA Coach Of The Year Award - CBA 1
- Herd, Crain Named To All-Rookie Team - East Kentucky Miners
- Xplosion's Anderson Named to All-Rookie Team - Pittsburgh Xplosion
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.