Wranglers WR Derrick Lewis to sing national Anthem Saturday
AUSTIN-The Austin Wranglers host the Nashville Kats this Saturday, March 24 at 7:30 p.m. at the Frank Erwin Center. At Saturday's game, Wranglers wide receiver Derrick Lewis will sing the national anthem prior to kickoff.
Lewis, who has a musical background stemming from gospel to hip-hop, has sung the national anthem for the Wranglers, NFL's New Orleans Saints, San Diego State University and at the Olympics. He graced the fans with his rendition of the national anthem before last season's March 25 game against Orlando.
Saturday's game will be televised on Fox Sports Net Southwest (Time Warner Cable - Channel 54) and can be heard on AM 1300 The Zone or via www.austinwranglers.com. Both television and radio plan to carry Lewis' performance LIVE on their broadcasts.
In 49 other states it's just football. This is Texas - Football Country. For tickets please call
512.339.3939 or visit the Official Website of the Austin Wranglers at www.austinwranglers.com for additional information.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from March 21, 2007
- Wranglers WR Derrick Lewis to sing national Anthem Saturday - Austin Wranglers
- AFL Week Four Wednesday Injury Report - AFL I
- Arizona Rattlers Week Four game notes - Arizona Rattlers
- Murphy lost for four weeks - Orlando Predators
- Georgia Force Host Book Drive this Saturday at Philips Arena - Georgia Force
- Filer earns weekly AFLWA award - Tampa Bay Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.