Wranglers Agree to Terms with Finucci
Las Vegas - The Las Vegas Wranglers announced Tuesday that forward Carlo Finucci has agreed to terms with the team for the 2013-14 season.
Finucci ("Fin-NEW-chee"), 26, first came to the Wranglers on an amateur try-out agreement at the end of the 2011-12 season. The 5-foot-10, 190-pound forward spent four years (2008-12) at the University of Alaska - Fairbanks, where he recorded 18 goals and 35 assists, and then joined the Wranglers at the end of his senior year for three games. Last season, Finucci posted four goals and six assists with Las Vegas, and tacked on an additional three goals in seven playoff games.
"Carlo is a guy who can do everything," said Wranglers Head Coach and General Manager Mike Madill. "In his short time as a pro, he still hasn't had the chance to do the things he's best at. He is a fierce competitor who can make things happen, if you let him. I'm going to let him."
The Burnaby, British Columbia native spent three seasons (2005-08) with the British Columbia Hockey League's Burnaby Express before starting his pro career. In 169 games, Finucci tallied 54 goals and 112 assists.
"The key for my re-signing with the Wranglers was knowing a person like Mike was going to be head coach of the hockey club," said Finucci. "Our goal will be to gel as a team and do some damage in the regular season and playoffs. I can't wait to be back on the ice and playing in front of Vegas fans again."
The Wranglers open their eleventh season of hockey in Las Vegas on Saturday, Oct. 19, at 7:05 p.m. against the Utah Grizzlies.
Season tickets for the Wranglers' 11th season are on sale now. The Wranglers offer flexible payment options on all plans, and 2013-14 packages start at just $200. Full season tickets can be reserved for as low as 25 percent down, and include benefits such as buddy passes, exclusive team events, and merchandise discounts. For more information, contact the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-7825 or visit wranglers.co. Don't forget to find the Wranglers on Facebook and follow @WranglersLV on Twitter for the latest updates.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 6, 2013
- Thunder Re-Signs Right Wing Ryan Hayes - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Add Three to 2013-14 Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Brett Beebe Will Make Professional Debut in Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Agree to Terms with Finucci - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Defenseman Phil Oreskovic Returns to the Walleye for 2013-14 - Toledo Walleye
- Former DU Pioneer John Ryder Returns Home to Join Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Nailers Announce Preseason Schedule - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Net Championship Goaltender John Muse - Fort Wayne Komets
- Royals Sign Rookie Forwards Marc Zanette and Ryan Santana - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.