Winnipeg ICE and Corus Radio Sign Five Year Broadcast Agreement
Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg ICE and Corus Radio signed an agreement today that gives 680 CJOB the exclusive broadcast rights for the Winnipeg ICE for the next five years. The deal also includes the broadcast rights for the Winnipeg Blues of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League.
Starting this hockey season, all Winnipeg ICE games will stream on CJOB.com. Additionally, all Saturday and Sunday games will be broadcast live on 680 CJOB.
"There has been a lot of excitement leading up to the ICE's first season in Winnipeg," said Matt Cockell, President and General Manager of the Winnipeg ICE. "The partnership with 680 CJOB is an opportunity for the ICE to align with an organization that is also focused on community and grassroots engagement."
ICE fans will also be able to tune in for player profiles and exclusive interviews throughout the season, and see highlights on Global Winnipeg newscasts. In addition, Brant Hilton is returning as the voice of the ICE for the third consecutive season. Bill Burfoot is returning to the mic as the voice of the Blues for the fourth straight season.
"The energy and anticipation surrounding the ICE's first season in Winnipeg is palpable, and we are proud to be part of it," said Brent Williamson, Program Director, 680 CJOB, Corus Entertainment Inc. "We believe this partnership showcases our commitment to the community and local sports in Winnipeg, and we look forward to working with the Winnipeg ICE team and staff."
The Winnipeg ICE season opener will take place on Friday, September 20 on the road against the Brandon Wheat Kings at 7:30 p.m. at Westoba Place. The season opener and the home opener will both be broadcast live on 680 CJOB. The Winnipeg Blues first game will be Friday, September 20 on the road against the Portage Terriers at 7:30 p.m. at Stride Place.
Winnipeg ICE 2019-2020 season seat memberships are available now for as low as $45.75 per month.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 7, 2019
- T-Birds Announce 2019 Training Camp Schedule - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Chiefs Release Overage Players Brkin and Hanas - Spokane Chiefs
- Foote, Dach Lead WHL Talent at 2019 Sport Chek World Junior Showcase - Saskatoon Blades
- Winnipeg ICE and Corus Radio Sign Five Year Broadcast Agreement - Winnipeg Ice
- Chuck a Puck Returns for 2019-20 - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Ice Stories
- Registration Open for Winnipeg ICE Hockey School
- Winnipeg ICE Announce NHL20 E-Sports Gaming Tournament in Partnership with Uniting Gamers
- Winnipeg Ice Select Henri Nikkanen and Eugen Rabcan in 2020 CHL Import Draft
- Bid on 2019-20 Season Worn Winnipeg ICE Jerseys
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2005-Born Forward Ty Fraser to a WHL Standard Player Agreement