Wings Bring Another Dallas To Philadelphia
The thought of Dallas doesn't inspire positive feelings in the city of Philadelphia. As the team prepares for Saturday's home opener, today the Philadelphia Wings acquired their second Dallas - Dallas Squire, a five-year veteran from the New Jersey Storm in exchange for holdout Greg Traynor. Squire will join All-Pro Goalie Dallas Eliuk and the Wings for the team's home opener this Saturday, January 25, when the team hosts the Colorado Mammoth at the First Union Center at 8 p.m.
"We're very pleased to acquire a player with the experience level of Dallas," said Wings General Manager Marty O'Neill. "Along with his playing skills he will also provide veteran leadership to this inexperienced team."
Squire recorded two assists in three games for the Storm this season. He played five seasons in the National Lacrosse League, including two years with the Albany Attack. The 5'10", 175 pound forward has also seen playing time with the Buffalo Bandits and Rochester Knighthawks. Squire was a second round pick of the Rochester Knighthawks in 1994.
Traynor played five seasons for the Wings (1997-01) and was a member of the 2001 Championship Team. He has been a holdout the last two seasons and has not appeared on the Wings roster.
Game tickets, which include free admission to the Broad Street Bash, start as low as $18 ($20 day of game). Individual game tickets for Wings indoor lacrosse are $18, $23, and $27 in advance ($20, $25, and $29 on game day) and are available at the First Union Center box office and all Ticketmaster locations. Fans can save money on tickets by purchasing season tickets, starting as low as $120, for all eight Wings home games by calling 215-389-WINGS. Get your tickets now before they fly away!
The Philadelphia Wings are owned and operated by Philadelphia Wings L.P., whose principal owners are Russ Cline and Michael French. Comcast-Spectacor serves as the marketing, promotional, advertising, sponsorship and publicity arm of the Wings.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 21, 2003
- Fans Sit on Toilet Seats at Wings Game - Philadelphia Wings
- Wings Players Tune-Up For Home Opener - Philadelphia Wings
- Wings Bring Another Dallas To Philadelphia - Philadelphia Wings
- You've Been Hit By A Rebel -- Hot Chocolate Patrol - Ottawa Rebel
- Rebel Make Key Trade, Gain former Ottawa sniper Chris Konopliff - Ottawa Rebel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Wings Stories
- Wings to Re-Locate Franchise
- Wings Player Garret Thul Named to United States Men's National Lacrosse Team
- Wings Second All-Time Leading Scorer Bergey Named to NLL Hall of Fame Ballot
- Philadelphia Wings Brodie Merrill Voted Finalist for Transition Player of the Year
- Three Philadelphia Wings Players Named to Canadian National Lacrosse Team