Windy City Falls in NBA G League Quarterfinals to Westchester, 95-82
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO Harris Bank, the NBA G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, fell 95-82 to the Westchester Knicks in the quarterfinals of the 2019 NBA G League playoffs.
Four Bulls players scored in double figures led by Walter Lemon Jr. who totaled a game-high 29 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. Mychal Mulder posted 20 points and eight rebounds, while JaKarr Sampson notched 15 points and eight rebounds of his own. CJ Fair added 10 points, five rebounds and shot 4-for-8 from the floor.
Billy Garrett, Jameel Warney and Zak Irvin led the way for the Knicks as they all tallied double-doubles. Garrett recorded 20 points and 12 assists, while Warney also collected 20 points to go with 14 rebounds. Irvin had 19 points and 14 rebounds and Luke Kornet registered 14 points and nine rebounds. Paul Watson pitched in with 10 points and five rebounds.
Westchester controlled the game from the outset and led by as many as 17 points in the contest. Windy City cut the deficit to seven in the fourth quarter on a free throw by Lemon Jr. but were unable to draw closer. For the game, the Bulls shot 35 percent from the floor and 7-for-34 from three. Windy City totaled 12 points in the first quarter and the 83 total points marks the first time they've scored fewer than 90 points in a game this season. The Bulls conclude the year 1-3 against the Knicks, including 0-3 inside Westchester County Center.
Despite defeat, there were a number of highlights in Windy City's third year of existence. The Bulls set franchise-records in total wins (27), Eastern Conference victories (21) and road wins (12), while tying their highs in wins at home (15) and Central Division victories (8). After beginning the season 5-12, Windy City rattled off a season-high nine consecutive wins from Dec. 14-Jan. 11 and posted a 22-12 record over their final 34 games.
The Bulls will kick off their fourth season in Hoffman Estates in November 2019. The NBA G League will feature 28 teams during the 2019-20 season.
Fans can stay up-to-date on team news by following the team on Twitter (@WindyCityBulls) or visiting WindyCityBulls.com. Full season memberships for the 2019-20 Windy City Bulls season are on sale now. For all ticket information, visit WindyCityBulls.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 27, 2019
- Westchester Picks up First Playoff Win in Franchise History - Westchester Knicks
- Windy City Falls in NBA G League Quarterfinals to Westchester, 95-82 - Windy City Bulls
- Rio Grande Valley's Michael Frazier Named 2018-19 NBA G League Most Improved Player - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City Bulls Announce Six Priority Game Dates for the 2019-20 Regular Season
- Windy City Bulls Guard Walter Lemon Jr. Named to All-NBA G League Second Team
- Windy City Falls in NBA G League Quarterfinals to Westchester, 95-82
- Windy City Bulls First Round Playoff Game Announced
- Windy City Concludes Regular Season with Third Straight Loss, Fall 120-109 to Canton