The Green Bay Gamblers dropped a pair (5-3 & 3-1) to the Youngstown Phantoms this past weekend at the Covelli Centre in Youngstown, Ohio. With 12 games remaining in the regular season the Gamblers sit in 8th place in the USHL Eastern Division with a mark of 15-26-9. Green Bay trails Dubuque by 14 points for the 6th and final Clark Cup playoff spot.
Five different Phantom players scored, and Chad Veltri made 22-saves to backstop Youngstown to a 5-3 win on Saturday. Luke Mylymok, Noah Prokop and Benito Posa scored for Green Bay. The Gamblers led 3-2 after two periods. Youngstown scored goals at :51, 6:39 and 8:55 marks of the third period. Maksim Zhukov made 25-saves in the loss.
Youngstown completed the weekend sweep over the Green Bay Gamblers with a 3-1 win on Sunday afternoon at the Covelli Centre. Phantoms forward Matthew Barnaby tallied a goal and an assist. Austin Heidemann tallied the Gamblers lone goal. Ryan Ullan made 31-saves in defeat. Chad Veltri made 20-saves for his second win on the weekend.
Green Bay heads to Fraser, Michigan this weekend for a pair of games against Team USA. The Gamblers kick-off a 9-game homestand at the Resch Center on Tuesday, March 19.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2019
- Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em Saturday Returns - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Weekend Recap - Green Bay Gamblers
- Life Is Why - Green Bay Gamblers
- Gamblers to Raise Funds for the American Heart Association - Green Bay Gamblers
- RoughRiders' Millar is USHL Defenseman of the Week - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- USHL Players of the Week Named for Week 24 - USHL
- Stroke Awareness Games a Success - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.