Vipers open practice Friday morning at Calvary Hill
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The countdown to kickoff is on for the Tennessee Valley Vipers.
Vipers coach Milt Theodosatos was to welcome over 35 players to camp Friday as Tennessee Valley starts preparations for its March 30 home opener against the Alabama Steeldogs at the Von Braun Center.
Expected back from last season is former Ole Miss wide receiver/defensive back Travis Blanchard, Arab native and former Georgia Southern offensive lineman Chad Motte, ex-Iowa State standout Shaheed Richardson and kicker Steven Lee out of Jacksonville State.
New additions include Ole Miss offensive lineman William Bonds, Viper and North Alabama alumni John Bradley, ex-UNA defensive back Tyus Boyd, Michigan wide receiver Chris Matsos, Southern California linebacker John Cousins and ex-Notre Dame standouts Javin Hunter and Quentin Burrell.
Quarterbacks include West Georgia's Jeremy Clements, Tony Colston out of Tusculum and Troy State's Dontavious McDowell.
"We'll evaluate the talent we recruited and they all have great resumes,'' said Theodosatos, whose team is scheduled to work out at Calvary Hill field Saturday from 10 to 12 and 5-7 p.m. in the afternoon.
"They are all superstars and now we'll find out if they can play. We'll have two-a-days for a little more than a week with a mini-camp to start. We'll put on the pads Tuesday for some contact. It's all about finding players."
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 8, 2007
- af2 training camps begin Friday - af2
- Hawks Prepare for Spring Cleaning - Everett Hawks
- Depth is the Name of Hawks' Receiving Game - Everett Hawks
- Bakersfield Blitz Open Training Camp Friday, March 9th - Bakersfield Blitz
- Vipers open practice Friday morning at Calvary Hill - Alabama Vipers
- Inaugural Thunder Training Camp Set to Open - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Fusion Single-Game Tickets on Sale Saturday - Fort Wayne Fusion