Vipers Adelekan named af2's Defensive Pplayer of the Week
CHICAGO - Tennessee Valley Vipers defensive end Farouk Adelekan has been named the ADT Defensive Player of the Week arenafootball2 announced Tuesday afternoon.
Adelekan (6-foot-2, 260 pounds) had three sacks, three forced fumbles and totaled 4.5 tackles during Tennessee Valley's 26-21 victory over Green Bay Saturday night at the Von Braun Center. The former Houston standout also recovered two fumbles and had five quarterback hurries in the defensive win for the Vipers (3-2), who play at Cincinnati this Saturday before returning home May 19 to host Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
Adelekan becomes the second Viper to win a weekly award from af2 this season. Vipers defensive back Quentin Burrell received the ADT Defensive Player award following the opening week of 2007.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 8, 2007
- Larry McCarren to Join Blizzard as Honorary Captain - Green Bay Blizzard
- Vipers Adelekan named af2's Defensive Pplayer of the Week - Alabama Vipers
- Arkansas Twisters game notes - Arkansas Diamonds
- Bakari Brown named Schutt Offensive Player of the Week - Albany Firebirds
- Mahoning Valley Thunder game notes - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Fuller, Brown And Adelekan Earn Week Six Honors - af2
- 2007 ArenaCup Returns to Bossier-Shreveport on Sportexe Synthetic - af2
- BossierShreveport Battle Wings game notes - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Steeldogs Unveil New Website - Alabama Steeldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.