Vancouver Giants Sign 2002-Born Forward John Little
Vancouver, B.C. - General Manager Barclay Parneta announced today that the Vancouver Giants have signed 2002-born forward John Little (Parksville, B.C.) to a Standard WHL Player Agreement.
John Little (5'11" and 180-pounds) was originally selected by the Giants in Round 3 (60th overall) of the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft. Last season with the BCHL's Salmon Arm Silverbacks, Little registered 10 goals, 16 assists and 14 penalty minutes in 53 games. From January 5th through February 9th, he recorded points in 15 straight games. He added one goal in five playoff games. In October 2017, Little captured a Gold Medal with Team B.C. at the WHL Cup.
"Our scouting staff followed John's progress closely last season. His development trended upwards as the season progressed and from January on he was an integral part of his team's success," said GM Barclay Parneta. "We're thrilled to welcome John to our organization. He adds even more depth to our strong group of 2002-born players."
Little is the seventh player selected by the Giants from the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft to sign with the team. Other 2017 Giants draftees include: Justin Sourdif, Tanner Brown, Cole Shepard, Krz Plummer, Braedy Euerby, and Jacob Gendron. He is eligible for the 2021 NHL Draft.
Vancouver Giants season tickets are available now! Visit www.vancouvergiants.com/seasontickets to secure the best seats with the best perks for the best prices.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 12, 2019
- Regina Pats and Harvard Broadcasting Announce Multi-Year Broadcast Extension - Regina Pats
- Vancouver Giants Sign 2002-Born Forward John Little - Vancouver Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Giants Winning Streak Ends at 11 After a 2-1 Setback in Everett
- Giants Erase a Three-Goal Third Period Deficit to Earn 11th Straight Win
- Giants Sign 2002-Born Forward Kadyn Chabot
- Florchuk's Three-Point Night Leads Giants to Their 10th Straight Win
- Roman's Hat-Trick Lifts the Giants to Their Ninth Straight Win