USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - October 3, 2020
October 3, 2020 - United Soccer League One (USL1) News Release
The United Soccer League (USL) can confirm that 1,111 tests were administered to players and club staff from the 35 Championship clubs between September 14th and September 21st with seven individuals testing positive from five clubs.
USL League One
The USL can confirm that 431 tests were administered to players and club staff from the 11 League One clubs between September 14th and September 21st with four individuals testing positive from two clubs.
Those players or club staff who have tested positive will now self-isolate in line with the guidelines provided by the USL and only those who have tested negative will be permitted to enter training ground facilities. Anyone identified via contact tracing will also be quarantined and tested
What happens after a positive test?
The individual will be immediately isolated and receive follow-up care and treatment from team physicians and infectious disease experts.
If appropriate (at the discretion of the team physician), the individual may be tested again to ensure the initial test was not a false positive.
All indoor areas in which the individual has been will be closed for 24 hours for cleaning and disinfection.
The individual's club, in consultation with the state or local health department, will conduct a contact tracing investigation.
Anyone identified in the contact tracing investigation will immediately quarantine and be tested one or more times on a schedule to be determined by the team physician.
As the 2020 season continues, the USL will make a central announcement of COVID-19 test results on a weekly basis to continue to support competition integrity and transparency.
In order to protect the privacy of those involved, no specific details as to clubs or individuals will be provided by the USL.
At minimum, players, and staff members who are in close contact with players, will be given a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) diagnostic test for COVID-19 every week.
In addition, players and staff members who work with players will be quarantined and given additional PCR tests if they are symptomatic or if they have been in close contact for a prolonged period with a diagnosed or suspected case of COVID-19.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from October 3, 2020
- Forward Madison FC and FC Tucson Draw - FC Tucson
- Owls Fly Past Tormenta FC 3-0 and Reclaim Second Place - Union Omaha
- Triumph Clinch Spot in League One Final - Greenville Triumph SC
- Revolution II Defeats Richmond Kickers, 4-0 - New England Revolution II
- Tormenta FC Falls on the Road to Omaha - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Forward Madison Held to Draw at Home in Tucson Rematch - Forward Madison FC
- Kickers Suffer Home Defeat to New England - Richmond Kickers
- Fort Lauderdale CF Falls 3-0 on the Road against North Texas SC - Fort Lauderdale CF
- North Texas SC Defeats Fort Lauderdale CF 3-0 at Globe Life Park - North Texas SC
- Matchday Scouting Report: Forward Madison FC - FC Tucson
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - October 3, 2020 - USL1
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.