Matchday Scouting Report: Forward Madison FC
Forward Madison FC didn't make many new signings for this season. However, they did extend the loan of three players from Chicago Fire in MLS: Chris Brady (goalkeeper), Alex Monis (right-winger), and Allan Rodriguez (defensive midfielder).
The team is coached by Daryl Shore, who has 27 years of coaching experience including 15 seasons as an assistant coach in the MLS with Chicago Fire and Real Salt Lake. Shore has been with the club for two years.
You can view Forward Madison Fc's roster here.
Forward Madison FC won their previous game 1-0 over Chattanooga Red Wolves SC at Hart Park. The Flamingos are undefeated at home with a record of 3 wins, 1 draw, and 0 losses. In the last 5 games, they have a record of 3-0-2. Forward Madison FC are currently 5th on the table with a record of 4-2-4 and a goal difference of +6.
Head to Head
On September 23 the Men in Black defeated Forward Madison FC 2-1 at Kino North Stadium with goals from Elivelton and a game-winning, wonder goal from winger Josh Coan.
Players To Look Out For
In attack for Forward Madison FC, Wojciech Wójcik #9 is tied for leading goal scorer of the Flamingos with 3 goals in 10 appearances. This puts him tied for 6th on the goals list in USL League One.
In the midfield, Micheal Vang #8 has been the key man with 2 assists in just 7 appearances. The 20-year-old from Saint Paul, MN also has 3 goals, tying him with Wojciech Wojcik for leading goal scorer of the Flamingos. Vang has 12 chances created in those 7 games and leads their team with an 89.2% passing accuracy and the highest passing accuracy in their own half with 96.4%.
For defense Christian Diaz #27 has been the go-to man in the back. He has started all 10 games for Madison and has the most minutes played at 839. Diaz leads the team in interceptions with 27 and leads defenders with 12 tackles.
In goal, the Austrian Philipp Marceta #1 leads the team with 18 saves on 26 shots in 8 appearances. This puts him tied 10th in USL L1 league play for saves. Marceta also has 3 clean sheets in those 8 games which puts him tied 2nd in the league.
In 2019 the Flamingos were the only professional soccer team to have a cow at practice for good luck before a game, which they went on to win.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from October 3, 2020
- Forward Madison FC and FC Tucson Draw - FC Tucson
- Owls Fly Past Tormenta FC 3-0 and Reclaim Second Place - Union Omaha
- Triumph Clinch Spot in League One Final - Greenville Triumph SC
- Revolution II Defeats Richmond Kickers, 4-0 - New England Revolution II
- Tormenta FC Falls on the Road to Omaha - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Forward Madison Held to Draw at Home in Tucson Rematch - Forward Madison FC
- Kickers Suffer Home Defeat to New England - Richmond Kickers
- Fort Lauderdale CF Falls 3-0 on the Road against North Texas SC - Fort Lauderdale CF
- North Texas SC Defeats Fort Lauderdale CF 3-0 at Globe Life Park - North Texas SC
- Matchday Scouting Report: Forward Madison FC - FC Tucson
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - October 3, 2020 - USL1
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Tucson Stories
- FC Tucson Sign Former Riverhounds Defender Noah Franke
- FC Tucson Sign 2019 USL League Two Most Valuable Player Deri Corfe
- 2021 Visit Tucson Sun Cup Open to Some Fans and Media
- FC Tucson Welcomes Scott Armistead as Head Athletic Trainer
- FC Tucson Adds Colorado Rapids Matchup to Preseason ScheduleÃÂ