USL names Darren Caskey to 2005 All-League second team
The 2005 United Soccer Leagues First Division All-League Teams were announced Thursday. Twenty-two of the organization's top players were honored by the league's coaches and managers. Among those honored was the Virginia Beach Mariners own midfielder, Darren Caskey. Caskey was named to the 2005 All-League Second Team.
Recognized for his outstanding play for the Mariners 2005 Season, Caskey finished the season with 5 goals, 5 assists, and 15 points scored. Caskey comes to the Mariners from Peterborough, FC. His career also includes experience in the English Premier League.
Mike McCann Managing Team Director stated, We are very proud of Darrens' performance this year. He stepped up to lead the Mariners through an end of the season transition that proved positive. This honor was reinforced at the recent team banquet as Caskey was voted most valuable player by his teammates."
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from September 16, 2005
- Seattle jumps to one-goal advantage in playoff series with Timbers - Portland Timbers
- Kickers Draw In First Playoff Match - Richmond Kickers
- USL playoffs start tonight - Vancouver Whitecaps
- First round playoff game live on Fox Soccer Channel - USL-1
- USL names Darren Caskey to 2005 All-League second team - Virginia Beach Mariners
- Charleston Oktoberfest 2005 - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Virginia Beach Mariners Stories
- Mariners host Miami for Fan Appreciation Night
- Mariners host Montreal Friday and Sunday
- Harrison returns to Real Salt Lake
- Mariners host Minnesota
- Simmonds named to USL First Division Team of the Week