USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 20
July 17, 2019 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
TAMPA, Fla. - The following is the USL's discipline report for Week 20 of the 2019 USL Championship season:
The Charlotte Independence's Joel Johnson has been suspended for one game following his red card for violent conduct against Saint Louis FC on July 13. Johnson will be unavailable for Charlotte's contest against ATL UTD 2 on July 24.
ATL UTD 2's Luiz Fernando has been suspended for one game following his red card for two cautionable offenses against the New York Red Bulls II on July 13. Fernando will be unavailable for Atlanta's contest against Birmingham Legion FC this Saturday.
Real Monarchs SLC's Douglas Martinez has been suspended for one game for caution accumulation following his fifth yellow card of the season against Tacoma Defiance on July 12. Martinez will be unavailable for Real's contest against El Paso Locomotive FC this Saturday.
Due to the postponement of the contest between the Charleston Battery and Memphis 901 FC on July 13, the one-game suspension issued to Charleston's Tah Anunga for caution accumulation will now be served during the club's contest against Hartford Athletic this Saturday, while the one-game suspension issued to Memphis' Marc Burch will now be served during the club's contest against Nashville SC on Wednesday.
The following players enter the upcoming matches one caution away from a yellow card accumulation suspension for their fifth yellow card of the season. Here is the breakdown per club:
ATL UTD 2 (2): Jackson Conway, Jose Hernandez
Austin Bold FC (3): Xavier Baez, Andre Lima, Sonny Guadarrama
Bethlehem Steel FC (2): Anthony Fontana, Cole Turner
Birmingham Legion FC (1): Kyle Culbertson
Charleston Battery (1): Vincenzo Candela
Hartford Athletic (1): Sem de Wit
Las Vegas Lights FC (1): Cristhian Hernandez
Memphis 901 FC (1): Dan Metzger
Nashville SC (1): Lebo Moloto
New Mexico United (1): Josh Suggs
New York Red Bulls II (1): Jean-Christophe Koffi
Orange County SC (3): Daniel Crisotomo, Harry Forrester, Vinicius
Ottawa Fury FC (1): Chris Mannella
Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC (1): Joe Greenspan
Real Monarchs SLC (2): Josh Heard, Jack Blake
Rio Grande Valley FC (1): Romilio Hernandez
Sacramento Republic FC (1): Ray Saari, Jordan McCrary
San Antonio FC (1): Michael Lahoud
Swope Park Rangers (2): Jerome Ngom Mbekeli, Mark Segbers
Tampa Bay Rowdies (1): Pape Diakite
The following player enters the upcoming matches one caution away from a yellow card accumulation suspension for their eighth yellow card of the season. Here is the breakdown per club:
ATL UTD 2 (1): Laurence Wyke
OKC Energy FC (1): Rafael Garcia
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 17, 2019
- Nashville SC Takes Second In-State Derby 2-0 over Memphis 901 - Nashville SC
- Loudoun United Fall 3-0 on the Road against North Carolina FC - Loudoun United FC
- North Carolina FC Turns in Complete Performance in 3-0 Win over Loudoun United - North Carolina FC
- Independence Transfer Midfielder Maria - Charlotte Independence
- Lineup Notes: Nashville SC at Memphis 901 FC - Nashville SC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Teams up with Creative Kids El Paso for Gameday Poster Series - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Riverhounds SC, Allegheny Health Network to Break Ground on Health & Sports Complex - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Nashville SC to Bring Pop-Up Pitch to Mill Creek Brewing Nolensville this Saturday - Nashville SC
- Loudoun United FC Acquire Midfielder Carlos Alvarez for the Remainder of the 2019 Season - Loudoun United FC
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 20 - USL
- How to Follow: Nashville SC at Memphis 901 FC - Nashville SC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Signs Academy Product Cole Turner - Philadelphia Union II
- Republic FC Defeat Club America U-20 in An International Friendly - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.