United Soccer League Announces Partnership with Spiideo
April 16, 2019 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
TAMPA, Fla. - The United Soccer League (USL) - North America's largest professional soccer organization - announced today an agreement with Spiideo that makes the worldwide technology leader a league provider of advanced sports video recording and analysis solutions for the USL Championship and USL League One.
The Spiideo system provides live, high-resolution panoramic and multi-angle footage of the entire field, providing a very powerful tool for teams to analyze both training sessions and matches. In addition, teams can take advantage of the Spiideo League Exchange, which gives both the league and teams live access to select league games for scouting purposes.
"We are very excited to reach an agreement for the use of Spiideo by USL Championship and League One teams," said USL Senior Vice President of League Operations Brett Luy. "The cutting-edge technology has proven a major benefit to clubs in top global leagues and shows a genuine commitment to raising the level of play within our leagues."
The Spiideo system is run through 4k cameras that cover the entire field from multiple angles. Thanks to Spiideo's Virtual Panorama technology, both an overview of the entire field as well as details of individual players are automatically captured without the need of a camera operator. With the system, coaches and staff can easily record a match or a training session at the push of a button, and simultaneously use a tablet or a mobile phone to get live video feedback of game sequences. Users can view, pan, zoom, pause, rewind, edit, tag, and draw in real-time in the cloud-based Spiideo software platform.
"Spiideo is very proud to call USL a partner," said Nate Winkel, General Manager, Spiideo North America. "The league is growing at lightning pace on and off the field and we are confident that Spiideo is a tool that can further enhance the performance level of players, coaches, and league officials."
USL Championship clubs have already begun using the Spiideo system and have found the technology to be a game-changer when it comes to video analysis.
"As an organization we pride ourselves on being ahead of the curve with respect to technology in the market place," Lee Cohen, Chief Operating Officer of the Tampa Bay Rowdies. "When we were approached by the leadership of Spiideo, it was a simple decision to work with them because they have a fantastic platform for a complete video solution that we optimize."
"Wide-angle viewing is absolutely critical for competing at the highest level in today's game," added Jay Heaps, President & General Manager of Birmingham Legion FC. "Spiideo can produce it live and from multiple angles on their platform which is unique and allows for real-time tactical adjustments. Top leagues around the world are using Spiideo as teams, coaches, and players use this platform to improve strategy and gain a competitive advantage."
Spiideo has become a trusted provider of video recording and analysis tools by soccer clubs, leagues, and federations across the world, with the North American market seeing rapidly growing demand. For more information visit www.spiideo.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 16, 2019
- New Mexico's Moar Earns Championship Player of the Week - New Mexico United
- Independence Victorious on McKenna Strong Night - Charlotte Independence
- Star Wars Night on May 4th - Saint Louis FC
- Legion FC Match v Red Bulls Rescheduled - Birmingham Legion FC
- Phoenix Rising Looks to Continue Unbeaten Start to Season - Phoenix Rising FC
- Tulsa Roughnecks Partner with Broken Arrow Soccer Club - FC Tulsa
- Military & STEM Night on April 27 - Saint Louis FC
- Mensah Named to Team of the Week Bench Following Supersub Performance - Nashville SC
- Louisville City President Brad Estes a Finalist for Executive of the Year - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC Jumps to Second in Power Rankings - Nashville SC
- Oliveira Makes 18-Player Selection for Championship Team of the Week - Ottawa Fury FC
- Kevin Kerr Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Parra Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week - Las Vegas Lights FC
- New Mexico's Moar Earns Championship Player of the Week - USL
- San Antonio FC Defender Joshua Yaro Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - San Antonio FC
- Forward Kacper Przybylko Earns USL Championship Team of the Week Honors - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Autism Awareness Night a Rousing Success for Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- 3 Things to Watch: Bethlehem Steel FC - Charlotte Independence
- United Soccer League Announces Partnership with Spiideo - USL
- Hartford Athletic Announces Stanley Black & Decker as Founding Partner - Hartford Athletic
- Bethlehem Steel FC Takes on Charlotte Independence Tonight - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Dane Kelly Brace Gives Indy Eleven 3-1 Win at Swope Park Rangers - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.