Forward Kacper Przybylko Earns USL Championship Team of the Week Honors
CHESTER, Pa. - After helping Bethlehem Steel FC earn its first win in club history against Charleston Battery over the weekend, forward Kacper Przybylko, on loan from Philadelphia Union, was named to the USL Championship Team of the Week for Week Six. Przybylko earned a brace, his second and third goals of the USL Championship regular season, in his second appearance for Steel FC in 2019.
The accolade marks the first time in Przybylko's career that he has earned an appearance on the USL Championship Team of the Week and the third such honor for Steel FC this season. Midfielder Zach Zandi earned the honor in Week One for his performance against Birmingham Legion FC and defender Ben Ofeimu earned the honor in Week Five for his goal and assist against Swope Park Rangers.
Przybylko scored his second goal of the season in the match against Charleston, rocketing home a ball that was slid into the box by Zandi in the 44th minute. He completed his brace on the night in the 70th minute when midfielder Michee Ngalina put the ball inro space behind the midfield line and Battery defense, allowing Przybylko to run onto it and finish beneath the goalkeeper's outstretched right arm.
A native of Bielefeld, Germany, Przybylko signed with the Union ahead of the MLS Roster Freeze on September 14, 2018. He spent the bulk of his youth career at the local club, Arminia Bielefeld, where he made his senior professional debut in the 3. Liga in late 2011. He moved to 1. FC Köln in early 2012, where he scored 10 goals in 17 matches for their reserves. The next year, during the 2012-13 campaign, Przybylko made his 2. Bundesliga debut with Köln's senior team. He played the first half of the next season at Köln before moving back to Bielefeld on loan for the remainder of the 2013-14 season. Before moving to Kaiserslautern, he played one season for Greuther Fürth in 2014-15, also in the 2. Bundesliga.
Bethlehem Steel FC heads to North Carolina to take on Charlotte Independence tonight, Tuesday, April 16 at the Sportsplex at Matthews in Matthews, N.C. Kickoff is slated for 7:00 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 16, 2019
- New Mexico's Moar Earns Championship Player of the Week - New Mexico United
- Independence Victorious on McKenna Strong Night - Charlotte Independence
- Star Wars Night on May 4th - Saint Louis FC
- Legion FC Match v Red Bulls Rescheduled - Birmingham Legion FC
- Phoenix Rising Looks to Continue Unbeaten Start to Season - Phoenix Rising FC
- Tulsa Roughnecks Partner with Broken Arrow Soccer Club - FC Tulsa
- Military & STEM Night on April 27 - Saint Louis FC
- Mensah Named to Team of the Week Bench Following Supersub Performance - Nashville SC
- Louisville City President Brad Estes a Finalist for Executive of the Year - Louisville City FC
- Nashville SC Jumps to Second in Power Rankings - Nashville SC
- Oliveira Makes 18-Player Selection for Championship Team of the Week - Ottawa Fury FC
- Kevin Kerr Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Parra Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week - Las Vegas Lights FC
- New Mexico's Moar Earns Championship Player of the Week - USL
- San Antonio FC Defender Joshua Yaro Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - San Antonio FC
- Forward Kacper Przybylko Earns USL Championship Team of the Week Honors - Philadelphia Union II
- Autism Awareness Night a Rousing Success for Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- 3 Things to Watch: Bethlehem Steel FC - Charlotte Independence
- United Soccer League Announces Partnership with Spiideo - USL
- Hartford Athletic Announces Stanley Black & Decker as Founding Partner - Hartford Athletic
- Bethlehem Steel FC Takes on Charlotte Independence Tonight - Philadelphia Union II
- Dane Kelly Brace Gives Indy Eleven 3-1 Win at Swope Park Rangers - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.