Tyler Wagner Named FSL Player of the Month for July
VIERA, Fla. - Minor League Baseball announced on Monday that Brevard County Manatees right-handed pitcher Tyler Wagner was named the Florida State League Player of the Month for July.
In five starts last month, Wagner went 4-0 with a 0.51 ERA (2 ER/35.1 IP), which was the lowest earned run average posted by any qualifying pitcher in all of Advanced-A. His four wins led the Florida State League for July and he was second in the FSL in innings pitched. Wagner struck out 25 men, held opponents to a .153 batting average and posted a 0.71 WHIP. The Las Vegas, Nev. native surrendered zero or one run in all five of his starts and walked just three men total. In game one of a doubleheader on July 17, Wagner threw his first complete game of the season at St. Lucie. He yielded just one run on four hits in seven innings.
Wagner was selected by the Brewers in the fourth round of the 2012 MLB First-Year Player Draft out of the University of Utah.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 12, 2014
- Cardinals Deal Crushing Blow with 7-6 Win in 10 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Glasnow Shuts Down Sharks Again - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Mets Win First Two at Jetblue Park - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Tyler Wagner Named FSL Player of the Month for July - Brevard County Manatees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.