Two Generals Receive Meijer IHL Monthly Honors
FLINT, MI - The International Hockey League (IHL) announced today that Flint Generals forward John Mori has been named the Meijer IHL Rookie of the month and goaltender Sergei Zvyagin has been named the Meijer IHL Goaltender of the Month for the month of March.
Mori, John_MediumMori kicked off the last full month of the regular season earning his second straight Meijer Rookie of the Month honor. He scored a total of 11 points in 11 games, registering four goals and seven assists, with 10 of his 11 points coming even strength. He finished the month with a plus-11 rating, not having a negative game all month. He scored the game-winning goal on March 12th in the Generals 2-1 win over Dayton, giving him his fourth game-winning tally of the season. The 23-yearold
Westport, Connecticut native is currently second among IHL rookies in scoring with 56 points (26 goals, 30 assists). His 26 goals also rank him second among rookies and he leads the entire IHL in shorthanded goals with five.
Zvyagin finished his first full month in the IHL posting a 6-0-0-0 record. He stopped a total of 183 shots for the month, giving him a .938 save percentage in March. Zvyagin made a league-high 54 saves against Fort Wayne on March 7th to earn his first win, after being peppered with a league-high 56 shots on goal. He finished the month with a six-game winning streak after earning his first win in Fort Wayne. He gave up only 12 goals against in his six starts for a 2.15 goals against average. The 39-year-old Moscow, Russia native helped the Generals to an 8-2-1-0 record, pulling Flint within six points of the fourth and final playoff spot, with 10 games remaining.
The Generals are back in action on Friday night when face the Fort Wayne Komets at 7:30pm at Perani Arena.
Tickets for all Generals home games for the 2009-10 season are on sale at the Perani Arena Ticket Office or online through Ticketmaster. The Generals are offering a special on group tickets of just $5 a seat for groups of ten (10) or more call the Generals office at (810) 744-0222 for more information or to order your tickets.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 1, 2010
- Two Generals Receive Meijer IHL Monthly Honors - Flint Generals
- PrairieThunder Remind Fans to Trade in Unused Season, Club Tickets - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Meijer IHL Monthly Honors For March Announced - IHL 2
- Mallards Ink Spotts - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals