Turtle Creek Stadium Hosts Inaugural Concert
TRAVERSE CITY, MI - Award winning country band, Old Dominion, had them dancing at the ballpark on Friday night as Turtle Creek Stadium hosted its first ever concert.
With supporting acts of Randy Houser, Matt Stell and Caitlyn Smith the show drew almost 7,000 fans and is sure to lay the foundation for additional large-scale events at the stadium.
"We learned a lot about how this venue operates for this kind of event, for our first show it could not have gone any better," said Mickey Graham, Pit Spitters General Manager. "We also learned that Traverse City is a fantastic concert market that can support these kinds of large shows."
The staff at Turtle Creek Stadium is quickly back to work prepping for this season's final large event, Nitro Circus, which will be held on October 2nd. Nitro Circus, another nationally known touring show, will be bringing their brand of extreme sports entertainment to Traverse City for the first time ever.
"We expect Nitro Circus to be another maximum capacity crowd", said Graham. "Most importantly, with events like these, we hope this community is starting to take notice that we are delivering on our promise to put this ballpark on the map and bring top notch events to Traverse City. Pit Spitters baseball has gained a terrific following winning two championships in its first two full seasons, now we need to deliver on the special events side of the equation. Old Dominion and Nitro Circus are a great start to non-baseball events and there is much more to come!"
For information on the Nitro Circus show and other events at Turtle Creek Stadium visit www.PitSpitters.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from September 20, 2021
- Turtle Creek Stadium Hosts Inaugural Concert - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Former Fond du Lac Dock Spider Nick Fortes Debuts with the Marlins - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Former Rox Outfielder Friedl Makes MLB Debut with Reds - St. Cloud Rox
- Former Fond du Lac Dock Spider Nick Fortes Debuts with the Marlins - Northwoods
- Former St. Cloud Rox Outfielder TJ Friedl Debuts with the Reds - Northwoods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Traverse City Pit Spitters Stories
- Turtle Creek Stadium Hosts Inaugural Concert
- Joltin' Joe Horoszko Sends Pit Spitters Back to Championship Game
- Pit Spitters Win Back-And-Forth Thriller to Advance
- Pit Spitters Loss Sets up Winner-Take-All Game Three
- Pit Spitters Open Postseason with Big Win at Home