Tomahawks Welcome Stanley Cup; Penguins Cooke and Kunitz to Drop Ceremonial Puck
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. - The Johnstown Tomahawks are thrilled to announce that the team will host the Stanley Cup and Pittsburgh Penguins Matt Cooke and Chris Kunitz, who will be in attendance to drop the ceremonial game puck, meet fans, and sign autographs during the Tomahawks Saturday, Dec. 15 game against the division-leading Jamestown Ironmen at 7 p.m.
Fans will have the opportunity to not only see the Stanley Cup, but also take photos with the prized trophy throughout Saturday's game. Cooke and Kunitz, who both won the Cup as part of the Penguins 2009 championship team, will support the Tomahawks by dropping the ceremonial game puck. During the first intermission, each player will meet fans and sign autographs.
The evening will also feature a visit by Santa and the team's first annual Teddy Bear Toss in partnership with the Marine's Toys for Tots Foundation. Children who visit Santa will each receive a special gift from the Tomahawks. Those attending the game can bring a teddy bear to toss onto the ice after the Tomahawks first goal. All stuffed animals collected will go to the Toys for Tots program, which provides toys to less fortunate children in the community during the holiday season.
On Friday, Dec. 14, the Tomahawks will host the Hanson Brothers of the cult classic movie Slap Shot, who will perform, meet fans, and sign autographs. Friday will mark the third meeting and first home game against the Ironmen, whom the Tomahawks swept in Janesville in November.
Johnstown will finish its West Coast road trip tonight in Fresno, CA. The team beat the Monsters Friday night, 6-1. To purchase group tickets in advance of the event, or for additional information, call 814-536-4625, email email@example.com, or visit www.JohnstownTomahawks.com .
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2012
- IceRays' Comeback Falls Short in 5-3 Loss - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bulls Back to First Beat Odessa 4-1 - Amarillo Bulls
- Jacks Scrap To The End In 4-1 Defeat - Odessa Jackalopes
- Kalamazoo Surrenders 1-0 Lead Late in Third Period, Falls to Visiting Soo - Kalamazoo Jr. K-Wings
- Tomahawks Welcome Stanley Cup; Penguins Cooke and Kunitz to Drop Ceremonial Puck - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Tomahawks Dominate Monsters with 6-1 Victory in Fresno - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Three-Goal Third Gives Wild Sole Possession of First Place in West Division - Wenatchee Wild
- Bobcats Cool off Tauros with 3-0 Shutout - Bismarck Bobcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.