Timbers Partner with American Red Cross to Raise Money to Help Victims of Japan Earthquake
PORTLAND, Ore. - In support of aid efforts following the recent earthquake in Japan, the Portland Timbers and American Red Cross have teamed up to play host to an awareness night on Sunday, April 17, at JELD-WEN Field as the Timbers take on FC Dallas. The American Red Cross will also be collecting donations during the club's U.S. Open Cup play-in match on Tuesday, March 29, at the University of Portland's Merlo Field.
The Timbers and American Red Cross will help raise money for the cause by offering a special ticket to American Red Cross Awareness Night on April 17; kickoff is 3 p.m. Priced at $37, the ticket includes complimentary food and beverages, courtesy of Centerplate, during an exclusive reception on the Widmer Brothers Southern Front, the new deck behind the south goal. Proceeds benefit the American Red Cross' efforts to aid earthquake victims.
The special tickets for the Widmer Brothers Southern Front on April 17 can be purchased through the Timbers ticket office by calling (503) 553-5404.
The Timbers play Major League Soccer opponent Chivas USA in a qualifying match for the 2011 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on March 29. Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m.
Additionally, for both the March 29 match against Chivas USA and the April 17 contest against FC Dallas, a portion of the proceeds from the Timbers' Stand Together auction table will be donated toward relief efforts.
For more information about the American Red Cross, visit www.redcross.org.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 25, 2011
- Earthquakes Sign Forward Matt Luzunaris - San Jose Earthquakes
- Portland Timbers to Visit Toronto FC - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Faces Rivals Chicago Fire on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Set to Host San Jose Earthquakes Saturday - FC Dallas
- Sparta United Becomes First Partner of Real Salt Lake/adidas "Royal Coalition" Development Program - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Announces Discipline for Joseph, Percovich - MLS
- Dan Kelly, Evan Whitfield and Oscar Guzman Named Official Chicago Fire Broadcast Team - Chicago Fire
- Kevin Harmse Returns to Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Signs Midfielder Brandon Barklage - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Hit the Road to Face 2010 MLS Cup Finalist FC Dallas - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Partner with American Red Cross to Raise Money to Help Victims of Japan Earthquake - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Gameday Events: Saturday, March 26 V. L.A. Galaxy - Real Salt Lake
- Red Bulls Go "All In" in New adidas "All Red Bulls" Promotion - New York Red Bulls
- Whitecaps FC Striker Omar Salgado Available for Selection - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Red Bulls Sign Goalkeeper Alex Horwath - New York Red Bulls
- The World's Top Soccer Clubs Face off this Summer in the 2011 World Football Challenge - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Continue Mobile Mini Sun Cup Play against New York Red Bulls Saturday Night
- Timbers Goalkeeper Aljaz Ivaic Undergoes Successful Surgery to Repair Left Tibial Stress Fracture
- Timbers Announce Broadcast Details for 2019 Season
- Timbers Open Mobile Mini Sun Cup against Seattle Sounders FC
- Heath, Franch, Sonnett Named to U.S. Women's National Team Roster for SheBelieves Cup