Third Round Pick Ryan McGuire Commits to Storm
(Guelph) General Manager and Head Coach George Burnett announced today that the Guelph Storm have received a commitment from Ryan McGuire and his family and have signed a Standard Player Agreement with the club.
McGuire, a 5'10â³, 174 lbs forward from Burlington was the Storm's 3rd round pick (56th overall) in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection.
"Ryan's outstanding compete level, work habits, attitude and willingness to play in all the difficult areas on the ice
were the qualities that separated him each night," Burnett said. "When you combine these with his ability to create and finish on the offensive side, we believe Ryan will be an important player for our program moving forward. We want to welcome Ryan and his family to the Storm organization."
The 2004-born McGuire is a product of the Burlington Eagles Minor Midget AAA program in the SCTA. During his 2019-20 season, McGuire posted 49 goals, 46 assists and 95 points in 56 games with the Eagles.
"I would like to thank the Guelph Storm for this incredible opportunity," McGuire said. I'm looking forward to training camp and being a part of this amazing organization."
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 21, 2020
- Third Round Pick Ryan McGuire Commits to Storm - Guelph Storm
- Storm's Hillis Inspired to Share His Love of the Game with Others - Guelph Storm
- Sting Co-Owner David Legwand to Assume Role as President of Hockey Operations - Sarnia Sting
- 67's Marco Rossi Awarded the OHL's Red Tilson Trophy as League's Most Outstanding Player - Ottawa 67's
- 67's' Marco Rossi Voted OHL's Most Outstanding Player of the Year - OHL
- 2019 Second Round Pick Colby Saganiuk Commits to Erie - Erie Otters
- Niagara IceDogs and Mark Mancari Part Ways - Niagara IceDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.