Third Period Barrage Puts Omaha Past Lincoln, 6-2
RALSTON, NE - The Omaha Lancers defeated the Lincoln Stars by a final score of 6-2 on Saturday night at Ralston Arena.
In the first period, Samuli Niinisaari opened up the scoring for the night at 5:06. The Lancers got on the board late into the opening frame when Harry Roy deflected the puck in at 17:29. The game stayed tied 1-1 going into the first intermission.
After a scoreless second period, the Stars took a 2-1 lead when Tristan Ashbrook scored at 1:03. The Lancers answered back second later when Jaxon Nelson scored shorthanded at 1:57 to tie the game 2-2. The Lancers kept the game in their favor when Tyler Carpenter scored back to back goals at 3:08 and 3:29 to give the Lancers a 4-2 lead and forced Lincoln to pull Hlavaj for Mucitelli. Jaxon Nelson scored again to get the Lancers ahead 5-2 at 13:53. Near the end of the period, Grant Anderson added to the Lancers lead and scored the final goal of the game at 19:38. The Lancers defeated the Stars by a final score of 6-2. Mor stopped 20 of the 22 Stars shots he faced. The Lancers are now 11-18-1-3 with 26 points on the year.
The Lancers return to the ice on Thursday, January 24th to face the Waterloo Black Hawks at Young Arena in Waterloo. Puck drop is set for 7:05 pm and all the action can be heard on KOIL 1290 AM and seen on HockeyTV.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 19, 2019
- Stampede Roll Past Fargo 7-4 - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Steel Delight Home Crowd on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Chicago Steel
- Lumberjacks Lose Lead Late, Fall to Storm 3-2 in Overtime - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Five to Finish the Weekend - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Chicago Uses Strong 3rd Period To Take Down Sioux City - Sioux City Musketeers
- Recap: Storm Win Overtime Thriller over Muskegon 3-2 - Tri-City Storm
- Waterloo Downs Dubuque 5-0 at Young Arena - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Third Period Barrage Puts Omaha Past Lincoln, 6-2 - Omaha Lancers
- Four-Goal First Period Sinks Phantoms in 5-2 Loss - Youngstown Phantoms
- Disastrous Third Period Sinks Stars in Omaha - Lincoln Stars
- Gameday Preview: Storm Look for Bounce Back Win against Lumberjacks - Tri-City Storm
- Preview - Stars at Lancers - Lincoln Stars
- Defense Stout in 2-1 Victory over Cedar Rapids - Youngstown Phantoms
- Musketeers Close Out The Caps - Sioux City Musketeers
- Tri-City Drops Opening Game of Weekend to Muskegon - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.