The Impact Soccer Schools at Olympic Stadium
MONTREAL - For a second consecutive year, the Montreal Impact Soccer Schools (SoSc) will organize a clinic at Olympic Stadium, on March 23, on the very same field where the Impact will face off against Thierry Henry and the New York Red Bulls just a few short hours later.
Only one session will be available for both boys and girls born between 1999 and 2007, from 11am to 12:30pm. Participants who register before February 24 will receive two tickets to the game versus the Red Bulls, as well as a T-shirt, a Montreal Impact ball and 10$ off the regular price of the event.
"Following the incredible success of last year's session on May 12, prior to the game against the LA Galaxy, it was an easy decision to bring back this event," said Impact soccer schools director Olivier Brett. "This experience will give youngsters the chance to play on the very same field as the pros within a special framework. They will have the chance to learn while living their passion in a pro experience."
Spring Break Camp The SoSc will also be organizing a weeklong camp with coaches and players from the Academy during spring break, March 4 to 8, from 9am until noon. For the first time, the camps will be offered at three locations in the greater metropolitan area: in Montreal-North, at the Marie-Victorin sports complex, in Laval, at the Complexe sportif Bois-de-Boulogne and in Brossard, at the Complexe sportif Bell.
Private practice with the pros By registering for one of these two events before February 13th, participants will see their names automatically entered in a draw where 10 lucky winners will be chosen to train with two Montreal Impact players next summer.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 5, 2013
- LA Galaxy defeat USL Pro's L.A. Blues 3-0 in preseason game - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Ties Chicago, 1-1, in Its Third Preseason Match - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sporting KC Extends Broadcast Partnership with Sports Radio 810 WHB - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Draw Chivas USA 1-1 in Preseason Friendly - Chicago Fire
- Brent Richards Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Opportunity Knocks for Second-Year Forward Imbongo - New England Revolution
- Preseason Training Game: Seattle Sounders FC 0 vs. Portland Timbers 1 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Defeat Sounders FC 1-0 in Preseason Play - Portland Timbers
- Rapids Development Academy Teams to be Fully Funded by Club - Colorado Rapids
- Three Impact Players with Canada U20 - Montreal Impact
- Preseason Knock No Big Deal for Soares - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Create Academy Alliance - Los Angeles Galaxy
- D.C. United Finalizes All Times for 34-Game Regular-Season - D.C. United
- MLS, TSN and RDS Announce 2013 Regular Season National Broadcast Schedule for Canada - MLS
- Montreal Impact Unveils Its 2013 Broadcast Schedule - Montreal Impact
- Red Bulls Sign Defender Dax McCarty to New Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Single Game Tickets on Sale this Week - Colorado Rapids
- The Impact Soccer Schools at Olympic Stadium - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Impact to Host Toronto FC at Olympic Stadium Saturday
- Montreal Impact Soccer Schools Announce Summer Programming for 2018
- Impact Unveils Teams Participating in International U14 Qualification Tournament
- Nevio Pizzolitto and Gabriel Gervais Inducted into the Impact's Wall of Fame
- The Montreal Impact Foundation Will Build Multisport Fields in Montreal