Tarantulas to visit Family Service and Guidance Center to donate teddy bears
[Topeka, KS.] - The Topeka Tarantulas of the Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that both players and staff will donate teddy bears to the Family Service and Guidance Center in Topeka. Players and staff will appear on Tuesday, January 18th at 4 pm. The Family Service and Guidance Center is located at 327 SW Frazier.
The Family Service and Guidance center serves over 8,000 children, youth and families with mental health services and educational outreach each year. The Family Service and Guidance Center is the only agency in northeast Kansas that focuses its resources exclusively on the unique mental health needs of children and families.
During the Christmas night game the Tarantulas and their fans donated over 300 teddy bears during the Lewis Toyota Teddy Bear Toss. Along with donating 100 teddy bears to the Family Service and Guidance Center, the Tarantulas will also visit local childrens charities in the future.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2005
- RiverKings call up Huntsville winger - Mississippi RiverKings
- All-Star Jerseys Will Be Auctioned Online - Laredo Bucks
- 24 Foundation Jerseys Unveiled - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Oilers sign goaltender Mike Brusseau - Tulsa Oilers
- Tarantulas to visit Family Service and Guidance Center to donate teddy bears - Topeka Tarantulas
- Maltais and Joly ready for All-Star game - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.