Syracuse Crunch Release Defenseman Mathieu Brodeur from PTO
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch have released defenseman Mathieu Brodeur from his professional tryout agreement, general manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Brodeur, 27, played in four games with the Crunch after signing a PTO with the team on Dec. 1. He has also skated in seven games with the Springfield Thunderbirds this season, posting one assist, and 12 contests with the Thunder. Last season, the Montreal, Quebec native posted 10 points (3g, 10a) in 56 regular season games with the Crunch and four points (1g, 3a) in 22 Calder Cup Playoffs contests.
The 6-foot-5, 215-pound blueliner has played in 314 career AHL games with the Crunch, Thunderbirds, Albany Devils, Chicago Wolves, Portland Pirates and San Antonio Rampage accumulating 67 points (15g, 52a) and 234 penalty minutes. He has 50 total points (13g, 37a) in 149 ECHL games with the Thunder and Las Vegas Wranglers.
Prior to his professional career, Brodeur appeared in 195 games with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles of the QMJHL from 2007 to 2010 where he posted 51 points (8g, 43a).
Brodeur was originally drafted by the Phoenix Coyotes in the third round, 76th overall, in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Single game tickets and packages are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 25, 2017
- Bring Your Ice Skates for a Post Game Skate as the Reign Battle The - Ontario Reign
- MONSTERS GAME SUMMARY: Monsters Clipped by Admirals, 5-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Jfk Powers P-Bruins over Thunderbirds in a Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Molino Leads Comets Past Crunch - Utica Comets
- POSTGAME NOTES & QUOTES: December 23, 2017, San Diego 4 at Ontario 3 - San Diego Gulls
- Recap - Sound Tigers 5, Wolf Pack 1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Rally in 3rd at Wilkes-Barre - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- RECAP: Blueger Stays Hot, But Penguins Fall to Phantoms, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- WOLF PACK GAME RECAP - Bridgeport Sound Tigers 5, Hartford Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- HOGS CAP WEEKEND SERIES vs. GRIFFINS - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Crunch Release Defenseman Mathieu Brodeur from PTO - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Michael Bournival to One-Year, Two-Way Contract
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Matthew Peca to Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Forward David Dziurzynski to PTO
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Matthew Peca from Syracuse Crunch