Swider Sets League Marks With Seven-Assist Night
March 26, 2010 - Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) News Release
KNOXVILLE, TN - Kevin Swider of the Knoxville Ice Bears set three SPHL records Friday night as he recorded seven assists in a 9-3 win over Huntsville.
His seven-assist night broke the SPHL record for assists in a game (5) and points in a game (6), both of which had been held by multiple players.
With his assist on Tim Vitek's goal just 41 seconds into the contest, Swider also extended his consecutive point-scoring streak to 30 games, breaking his own mark of 29 set during the 2007-08 season.
Swider's record night has moved him into a tie for the SPHL scoring lead with Fayetteville's Rob Sich, who had a goal and an assist in a 7-2 win over Columbus on Friday. Both players stand at 97 points with a head-to-head battle for the scoring title on tap Saturday when the FireAntz invade Knoxville. It will be the final regular-season game for both teams before they meet in the first round of the President's Cup Playoffs.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from March 26, 2010
- Surge fall to Ice Gators - Mississippi Surge
- Louisiana Winning Streak Gets to Five - Louisiana IceGators
- Swider Sets League Marks With Seven-Assist Night - SPHL
- Weidlich, Zaniboni, Richard, Zultek Named All-SPHL - Mississippi Surge
- Ice Flyers Playoff And All-SPHL Second Team Awards - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- All-SPHL Second Team Announced - SPHL
- First Round Of Havoc Playoffs Set - Huntsville Havoc
- All-SPHL First Team Announced - SPHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.