Surge Get Their Kicks Sunday
It's part soccer, part hockey, part Harlem Globetrotters and all Mississippi Surge. It is the annual Blue on Black soccer exhibition taking place Sunday March 10, at 2 p.m. at the Mississippi Coast Sports Pavilion.
The sports pavilion is located at 2715 US Highway 90 in Gautier. The Chris Drirbergen Foundation presents the exhibition. It is a free event promoting the soccer field project in Vancleave. More information about the exhibition and Chris Driebergen Foundation is available at HYPERLINK bird or by calling 228-806-0322.
This is really a fun time for our players and everyone who comes out, Surge coach Jeff Bes said. It is a lot of laughs. A lot of laughs.
The Surge plays in Columbus Saturday and has three home games left in the regular season. The remaining home games are March 15th (St. Patrick's Day Jersey auction); March 22nd (Military Appreciation Night); and March 23rd (Fan Appreciation Night with several fan giveaways).
Tickets for all Surge games are on sale now. Discounts include students, military personnel and casino employees. You can also make your deposit for 2013-14 season tickets. For more information call 228-594-3800 or log onto www.mssurge.com.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from March 8, 2013
- Ice Flyers Beat Fayetteville 6-5 - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- IceBears Maul IceGators - Louisiana IceGators
- Knoxville Swamps Louisiana 6-1 - Knoxville Ice Bears
- Whitehead Extends Streak to 11 in 5-1 Victory - Mississippi RiverKings
- Surge Get Their Kicks Sunday - Mississippi Surge
- Augusta RiverHawks Sunday, March 10 Home Game Time Shifted - Augusta RiverHawks
- Boyer Leads IceGators to Shootout Victory over RiverHawks - Louisiana IceGators