STLFC Announces Matt Thomas Signing
ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Saint Louis FC announced the signing of midfielder Matt Thomas, pending league and federation approval, for the remainder of the 2019 USL Championship season.
Thomas was born in Las Vegas, Nevada and developed in the Real Salt Lake-Arizona youth system. He played collegiately at Rocky Mountain College where he made 77 appearances and scored 16 goals with ten assists during the 2014-2017 seasons. Thomas would sign with Las Vegas Lights FC, his hometown club, at the start of the 2018 USL season and scored the first goal in franchise history after just two minutes in his debut against Fresno FC. He has made a total of 26 appearances for the club, including five so far during the 2019 season, and scored three goals with two assists during his professional career.
"I'm really pleased we've been able to acquire Matt," said STLFC Head Coach Anthony Pulis. "He's another young, hungry player with a lot of potential. An exciting left winger who is direct, has good pace and a lovely left foot. His signing gives us another much-needed option in the attacking part of the field."
"I'm very happy to hop on board with Saint Louis FC," said Thomas. "I can tell just from today that this is the right place to be. I'm excited and ready to get to work with the guys and give this team everything I've got."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 25, 2019
- Nashville SC Preparing for High-Octane Showdown with New York Red Bulls II - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Legion FC at Indy Eleven - Birmingham Legion FC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Three-Game Homestand Continues vs. Birmingham Legion FC - Indy Eleven
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC V Charleston Battery - Ottawa Fury FC
- STLFC Announces Matt Thomas Signing - Saint Louis FC
- Defender Logan Gdula Recalled by FC Cincinnati - Hartford Athletic
- Section 615: Refugees, Immigrants and Volunteers from Nashville International Center for Empowerment Take in First Nashville SC Match - Nashville SC
- Mensah Named to USL Team of the Week Bench After Goal and Assist on Saturday - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Hosts El Paso Locomotive FC on ESPNews - San Antonio FC
- North Carolina FC Midfielder Steven Miller Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - North Carolina FC
- Phoenix Rising Forward Solomon Asante Named USL Player of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Fury FC Wal Fall Earns Team of the Week Mention - Ottawa Fury FC
- Phoenix's Asante Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Austin Bold FC Hosts Women's Soccer Team for 7/6 Game - Austin Bold FC
- Kane Realty and North Carolina Football Club Propose $2 Billion Downtown Raleigh Entertainment District Development - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.