Statement from MLS Commissioner Don Garber on Real Salt Lake
August 30, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
Major League Soccer has been informed that Real Salt Lake Investor-Operator Dell Loy Hansen has decided that he will begin a process to sell Utah Soccer Holdings, the entity that owns Real Salt Lake (MLS), Utah Royals FC (NWSL) and Real Monarchs (USL).
MLS will work with Mr. Hansen on supporting the sale efforts for the company and will work closely with the club's executive staff to support the operations of the team during the transition period.
I want to acknowledge Dell Hoy Hansen's significant efforts to build the sport of soccer in the state of Utah and for his commitment to Major League Soccer.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 30, 2020
- Inter Miami CF Falls to Nashville SC 1-0 on the Road - Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: August 31 Ã¢ÂÂ September 6 - Chicago Fire
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: August 30, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- MNUFC Falls 3-1 to FC Dallas - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tonight at Centurylink Field - Los Angeles FC
- Statement from MLS Commissioner Don Garber on Real Salt Lake - MLS
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 3, San Jose Earthquakes 2 - Saturday, August 29, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- 16-year-old Cade Cowell scores in first start as Earthquakes fall to LA Galaxy - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Races Back for 4-4 Draw in Portland - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers, Real Salt Lake Play to 4-4 Draw at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Defeats Minnesota United FC 3-1 at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Sporting Fights Back for 1-1 Draw at Colorado Rapids - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.