Stars Top Lookouts, 3-1
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - The Lookouts troubles continued on Sunday afternoon, as the Huntsville Stars used a three-run sixth inning and solid pitching to propel themselves to a 3-1 win over Chattanooga at AT&T Field. Huntsville struck first in the third frame. With one out, Chris Cody ripped a triple to deep center and accounted for the first run of the game on a subsequent Adam Stern single. Chattanooga evened-up the score in the bottom of the fourth. Justin Sellers led off by reaching first on a hit by pitch. Andrew Lambo followed with a double to left, advancing Sellers to third. After a Jamie Hoffman pop up to first, Josh Bell grounded out to the shortstop, which allowed Sellers to score on the play. The Stars, however, reclaimed the lead in the sixth. With two outs already recorded, a seemingly innocuous walk was issued to Drew T. Anderson. Vinny Rottino followed with a single to advance Anderson to third. After a John Raburn walk, Chuck Caufield singled to left, scoring both Anderson and Rottino. At which point, Lookouts reliever Matt Sartor came in relief of starter Tim Corcoran. The big righty prevented more damage by retiring Chris Cody, who lined out to center. Both teams would fail to score for the remainder of the contest. Derrick Ellison pitched the final three frames for the Stars to record his first save of the season.
Chris Cody improved to 2-0 on the season by throwing six innings of two-hit ball for the Stars. He surrendered no walks and struck out five during the outing. Tim Corcoran (0-1) threw 5.2 innings on the mound for the Lookouts in the loss. He yielded three runs on six hits and five walks, while striking out three. Chattanooga will continue with their five-game homestand against the Huntsville Stars at 7:15 P.M., tomorrow. Tickets for this games or any other Lookouts home game can be purchased at the Lookouts Box Office at AT&T Field, online at www.lookouts.com, or by calling (423) 267-4849.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from April 26, 2009
- Smokies score three in the seventh to win Sunday - Tennessee Smokies
- Jaxx lose 6-4 on Sunday - Jackson Generals
- Suns Come Back to Grab Game Two, 6-4 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Suns Rally for Sunday Win over Biscuits - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Gartrell Slams Barons to Victory over BayBears - Mobile BayBears
- Tennesse tops Carolina 4-3 - Carolina Mudcats
- Stars Top Lookouts, 3-1 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Sterling Sunday Pitching Peformance for Stars - Huntsville Stars
- Taylor Heads to Marlins - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.