Spokane Shock Announce 2021 Schedule
SPOKANE, WASHINGTON (November 17) - The Indoor Football League (IFL) today announced the reborn Spokane Shock's 16-game 2021 schedule. Spokane opens the season at home versus the Tampa Bay Tornadoes in a preseason contest on March 21st at the Spokane Arena. On April 2nd, the Shock begin the season on the road in the Lone Star state versus the Frisco Fighters. The following week the Shock's highly anticipated home opener is set for Saturday, April 10th at 7:05pm versus the Green Bay Blizzard.
All twelve IFL franchises will compete in the same division in 2021 with the top eight teams qualifying for the postseason. "The IFL has never before been situated for greater success, both within our local team markets and nationally," stated IFL commissioner Todd Tryon. He added. "We have a solid plan for expansion, along with national growth as it relates to our league broadcasts and league sponsorships, and we have great league members who all believe in the same vision. It's been too long since we've been able to get on the field and allow our great athletes to perform for our fans, and for us the Hall of Fame Game can't come soon enough."
In addition to the 12 teams playing in 2021, the IFL has five additional teams set to play in 2022, including the expansion Columbus Wild Dogs, Quad City Steamwheelers, San Diego Strike Force, Oakland Panthers, and Cedar Rapids River Kings.
Interesting facts about the 2021 schedule
- The IFL will have 6 new teams kick off in 2021!
- The Shock will play Louisville back to back on May 29th and June 5th .
- The Shock will play a home and away games with perennial powerhouse franchises Sioux Falls Storm and the Arizona Rattlers.
- Coach Billy Back is 4-1 versus the Massachusetts Pirates.
- Coach Billy Back is one of the only coaches in the country to beat both Sioux Falls and Arizona in the same season.
The first round of the playoffs is set for the July 30th weekend as the #1 seed hosts the #8 seed, #2 hosts the #7 seed, #3 hosts the #6 seed and the #4 seed hosts the #5 seed. The highest remaining seeds will host the second round. This year will include a bye week for the two participating teams to prepare for the United Bowl championship game scheduled for August 20th. The highest advancing seeded team will host the United Bowl.
Season tickets will go on sale at the end of November. All season ticket holders from 2020 had their tickets rolled over and have their same seats for 2021. Tickets go and sale by the end of the month and will be able to be purchased at the team's website www.thespokaneshock.com.
DATE OPPONENT TIME (PST)
Mar. 21 Tampa Bay Storm 7:05 PM
Apr. 2 at Frisco Fighters 5:05 PM
Apr. 10 Green Bay Blizzard 7:05 PM
Apr. 17 Tucson Sugar Skulls 7:05 PM
Apr. 24 at Arizona Rattlers 6:05 PM
May 1 at Northern Arizona Wranglers 6:05 PM
May 8 Arizona Rattlers 7:05 PM
May 15 BYE WEEK
May 22 Northern Arizona Wranglers 7:05 PM
May 29 at Louisville Xtreme 4:05 PM
June 5 Louisville Xtreme 7:05 PM
June 12 at Sioux Falls Storm 5:05 PM
June 19 Bismarck Bucks 7:05 PM
June 26 at Massachusetts Pirates 4:05 PM
July 3 at Duke City Gladiators 5:05 PM
July 10 Sioux Falls Storm 7:05 PM
July 16 at Bismarck Bucks 4:05 PM
July 22 Massachusetts Pirates 7:05 PM
About Indoor Football League
The Indoor Football League will kick off its 13th season with a Hall of Fame Game on Sunday, March 26, 2021, featuring the defending United Bowl champion Sioux Falls Storm hosting the Green Bay Blizzard, the league announced on Tuesday. Adding to the excitement around the league's kickoff weekend is the induction of the newest members of the IFL Hall of Fame during halftime of the Hall of Fame Game.
Follow Spokane Shock on Twitter (@spokaneshock), Facebook (@thespokaneshock) and Instagram (@spokaneshock). #GoShock
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 17, 2020
- Spokane Shock Announce 2021 Schedule - Spokane Shock
- 2021 IFL Schedule Released - IFL
- Tucson Sugar Skulls Announce Schedule for 2021 IFL Season - Tucson Sugar Skulls
- Arizona Rattlers Announce Schedule for 2021 IFL Season - Arizona Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Shock Stories
- Spokane Shock Announce 2021 Schedule
- Shock Sign First Team All-IFL Offensive Lineman Rashaud Mungro
- Shock Sign Valdosta State University Wide Receiver Darrell Myers, Jr.
- Shock Sign First Team All-American Defensive Back Marquez Gollman
- Shock Sign Former Texas A&M Receiver Speedy Noil