Sockers Partner with Legacy Laces and Boys & Girls Club of San Marcos to Host Cleat Drive
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Sockers announced today that they have partnered with Legacy Laces and the Boys & Girls Club of San Marcos to help underprivileged kids obtain the gear they need to participate in team sports. The team will host the Legacy Laces Cleat Drive benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of San Marcos during the April 7th home game at Pechanga Arena San Diego.
"We are committed to providing San Diego with a spirit of charity and humanitarianism, and activities that enhance our community," said Sockers' General Manager Sean Bowers. "We were delighted to partner with Legacy Laces and the Boys & Girls Club of San Marcos as they have a mission to help underserved youth with a chance to play sports, build character and possibly earn a college scholarship. This is a perfect fit for our organization and we are excited to be a part of the program."
Fans are encouraged to donate new and/or gently used (i.e., no rips, holes, tears or excessive wear) cleats at the Sockers' match on April 7, 2019. Turf and futsal shoes are also welcome. In exchange for each pair of cleats donated, the Sockers will provide a Buy-One, Get-One-Free (BOGO) coupon for the April 13th match.
"We are thrilled to partner with the Sockers and their generous fan-base for this event! With their help and the help of the Boys & Girls Club of San Marcos, we will be able to provide numerous kids with the gear they need to get involved in organized sports so they can benefit from all the positive aspects that come along with being part of a team," stated Jeanette Wood, Founder and Executive Director of Legacy Laces.
"A pair of cleats can open the door to so many opportunities for youth in our community, eliminating one of the challenges that might deter them from getting involved in organized sports. We are so thankful to be a part of this wonderful event and are proud to partner with two organizations whose values align perfectly with our mission." said Boys & Girls Club of San Marcos CEO Tish Murry.
The Sockers begin a three-game homestand on Friday, March 1, 7:35 p.m. against the Turlock Express with Landon Donovan playing in his second career MASL match. It will also be Honoring Heroes Night, as the team will honor and celebrate local military, police, fire, EMS personnel, and teachers for their work. Supporters will receive a free Sockers License Plate Frame, while supplies last. Tickets are available by calling the 866-799-4625 or by visiting AXS.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 26, 2019
- Sockers Host Turlock on Friday for Honoring Heroes Night - San Diego Sockers
- Sockers Set to Host "Honoring Heroes Night" on Friday with Discounted Tickets Available - San Diego Sockers
- Sockers Partner with Legacy Laces and Boys & Girls Club of San Marcos to Host Cleat Drive - San Diego Sockers
- Franck Tayou, Flash Too Much for Tired Ontario in 10-5 Loss - Ontario Fury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Sockers Stories
- Rene Ortiz Named As Sockers2 Head Coach & First Team Assistant Coach
- Sockers Sign Top Midfielder Juan Carlos "Charlie" Gonzalez
- Sockers Charity Golf Classic Set for December 3
- Sockers to Host Two 2021/22 Season Tryout Camps
- Sockers Home Opener Set for Sunday, December 19 at Pechanga Arena