Skyforce Acquires Tim Quarterman
SIOUX FALLS, SD - The Sioux Falls Skyforce announced today that the team has acquired guard Tim Quarterman off of waivers. The transaction fills an open roster spot left by Jeremiah Martin's NBA Call-Up.
Quarterman, a 6-6, 195-pound guard out of Louisiana State University (LSU) went undrafted in the 2016 NBA Draft. He has gone on to appear in 19 regular season NBA games over the course of his career for the Portland Trail Blazers and the Houston Rockets, averaging 1.8 points in 4.9 minutes per contest. Quarterman also appeared in two NBA Playoff games for Portland during the 2016-17 season, averaging 1.5 points in 3.6 minutes per game.
Quarterman has appeared in 13 NBA Summer League games while with the Charlotte Hornets, Houston Rockets and most recently the Milwaukee Bucks in 2018. In total, he averaged 5.9 points, 2.4 assists and 2.0 rebounds in just under 18 minutes per game.
Quarterman played two partial seasons in the NBA G League from 2016-18, appearing in a total of 33 games (19 starts) for the Long Island Nets, Windy City Bulls and Agua Caliente Clippers. He averaged 10.4 points, 6.5 assists and 5.6 rebounds in just over 29 minutes per game during that span.
Last season, Quarterman played internationally for the Super City Rangers of the NZ NBL and the Ironi Nahariya of the I-BSL. In 15 appearances (15 starts) for the Super City Rangers, Quarterman averaged 28.1 points, 5.6 assists and 5.5 rebounds in over 36 minutes per game. In three games (two starts) for Ironi Nahariya, he averaged 5.0 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.7 assists in 24.0 minutes per game.
Prior to his professional career, Quarterman played three seasons at LSU, appearing in 99 games (44 starts) and averaging career numbers of 8.4 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game. As a junior during the 2015-16 season, Quarterman averaged 11.2 points, 4.6 rebounds and 3.6 assists in 33 games (27 starts) before entering the 2016 NBA Draft.
Quarterman will wear No. 23 for the Skyforce this season and is expected to be available for the team's upcoming road game on Tuesday (tomorrow), January 28 at 9:00 PM CT against the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 27, 2020
- Hustle Grind out Win over Austin Spurs - Memphis Hustle
- Knicks Trio Combines for 80, Beat Raptors 116-110 - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Coast to Second Straight Road Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Long Island Nets Score 48 in the Fourth Quarter But Fall to Grand Rapids - Long Island Nets
- Jaylen Adams Named NBA G League Player of the Week - Wisconsin Herd
- Skyforce Acquires Tim Quarterman - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente Announce "Stockton Kings Fit Kids" Program - Stockton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory
- Skyforce Stays Hot at Home, Cruises to 125-102 Victory over Warriors