Shock shuffle roster
Spokane, WA: The Spokane Shock announced today that DL Wilson Afoa has been added to their 2009 roster. In another roster move, OL Matt Alfred was released.
Afoa, 6-3 305, finished his collegiate career at the University of Washington in 2007. As a Husky, Afoa spent most of his time at nose tackle and racked up 95 tackles - including 6.5 sacks - in 45 games.
"The first thing that impressed us was his size. As big as he is, he moves very well," Head Coach Adam Shackleford explained. "He gets direct pressure on the QB - he's strong and he's physical. He's a guy who we are looking forward to seeing him go full speed in the preseason game and see what he can do."
The Spokane Shock will host the Arkansas Twisters in a preseason game at 7 PM this Wednesday March 18th at the Spokane Arena. Tickets are available by contacting TicketsWest.
The regular season kicks off on April 3rd at 7 PM. Season tickets are available now and can be purchased by calling 509 242 7462.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 13, 2009
- Former Yard Dawgz Quarterback Craig Strickland Named Best All-Time - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Shock shuffle roster - Spokane Shock
- Dusters reveal new uniforms for 2009 - Amarillo Venom
- Boise Burn Make First Cuts; Add Players - Boise Burn
- 2009 East Division Preview - af2
- Pirates Cheer on the Rivermen - Peoria Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.