Lincoln, NE - - Capitols head coach Pat Schaben received a call from Sears the other night that brought a smile to his face. No, the department store wasnt calling to clue the coach in on a great deal for Craftsman tools. Wasnt that Sears at all, but it was definitely the hammer that the Capitols need.
Instead, Coach Schaben received an unexpected and very welcome call from 65, 275 lb. Defensive End Kareem Sears with news that hes ready to play. After suffering a season ending broken ankle last season and enduring numerous hurdles during the recovery, Kareem was eager to put the pads back on and the Capitols are very happy to have him back.
Kareem, a member of two national championship teams at the University of Nebraska and a mainstay at end for the Capitols will use his speed and large wingspan to disrupt and sack many of the Capitols opposing Quarterbacks.
Kareem and the Capitols will be home this Friday night when they host the River City Rage at 7:00 PM in the Pershing Center. Dont forget that kids 12 and under get in free with a paid adult ticket. The kids then need to drop their ticket stub in the box just inside the front gate to see if their school raises money.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from April 25, 2005
- Rage "pinball wizards" go full tilt in home victory over Thunderbolts - RiverCity Rage
- Round 2: Hawks vs. Fever - Everett Hawks
- Sears Calls - Lincoln Capitols
- Hammerheads fall to Swashbucklers - Corpus Christi Hammerheads
- Renegades take loss to Daytona with a final score of 17-22 - Rome Renegades
- Marshals Score 81 Points in Victory Over Dayton - The Marshals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.