Scooter Vaughan Rejoins Wolves
The Chicago Wolves announced Monday that defenseman Scooter Vaughan has signed a contract to return to the team. The 27-year-old Placentia, Calif., native produced 3 goals and 11 assists in 68 games last season for the Wolves.
"We're excited to have him back," said Wolves general manager Wendell Young. "There are very few players in the league who can play forward and defense as effectively as Scooter can. He's like having two players in your lineup. He brings something to the table on both ends of the ice."
Vaughan, who split time between the blue line and right wing last season, owns 21 goals and 25 assists in 190 career AHL appearances with the Wolves and the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. He also has 9 goals and 25 assists in 90 career ECHL games. The sixth-year pro becomes the fourth player to sign a Wolves contract for the 2016-17 season -- joining left wing Emerson Clark, center Bryce Gervais and forward Sam Povorozniouk.
The Wolves host their 23rd home opener on Saturday, Oct. 15, at Allstate Arena. To get the best deals on season-ticket packages and group outings, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES or visit ChicagoWolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 11, 2016
- Scooter Vaughan Rejoins Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Make Three Additions to Hockey Staff - Binghamton Senators
- David Shields Signs with the Comets - Utica Comets
- Laval, Que., to Join American Hockey League in 2017-18 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceCaps Seek New Hockey Partner - St. John's IceCaps
- Laval, Que. to Join American Hockey League in 2017-18 - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.