Saginaw Spirit Release 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
Saginaw, MI - The Saginaw Spirit, in collaboration with the Ontario Hockey League, are proud to announce their schedule for the 2019-20 regular season.
The Spirit are coming off of their most successful season in franchise history, setting a regular season record for wins and points, clinched the West Division Championship for the first time since 2011, and advanced to the Western Conference Final for the first time in team history.
After opening the 2018-19 season at home, the Spirit head on the road to open their 18th season in the Great Lakes Bay Region on Friday, September 20 in Kitchener to face the Midwest Division's Rangers at 7:30 p.m.
The next night, the Spirit will raise the West Division Championship banner to the rafters at The Dow Event Center when they host their Coors Light I-75 Divide Rival Flint Firebirds on Saturday, September 21. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. at The Dow Event Center in Saginaw, MI.
The Ontario Hockey League plays a 68-game regular season schedule, splitting home and away games so that each team plays 34 at home and 34 on the road.
Saginaw's schedule features 28 home weekend dates, and three months (Oct, Dec, and Feb) with six home games at The Dow Event Center. 20 of those 28 weekend home games will be played on Saturday night.
Saginaw Spirit non-Sunday home games will begin at 7:05 p.m. with Sunday games beginning at 5:30 p.m.
The Spirit have also maintained their schedule format against the rest of the league. The Spirit will play the West Division a total of 30 times, with eight games against Flint, Sault Ste. Marie, and Windsor, and six games against the Sarnia Sting.
In the Midwest, the Spirit will play Guelph, London, Erie, and Kitchener four times, and play the Owen Sound Attack twice.
The Spirit will play each Eastern Conference opponent twice, once at home and once on the road.
At home, the Spirit will play once on Monday, twice on Wednesday, three times on Thursday, five times on Friday, 20 times on Saturday, and three times on Sunday.
On the road, the Spirit will play four times on Wednesday, six times on Thursday, 15 times on Friday, three times on Saturday, and six times on Sunday.
Statement from President and Managing Partner Craig Goslin: "Our players and fans are our main focus as we work with the league to draw up our annual game schedule. The player development, on and off the ice, are priorities in our game schedule as our players are student athletes. Spirit fans have communicated to us that they prefer as many Saturday night home games as we can get. With these two main factors in mind, we have requested and the league has obliged us with 20 of our 34 home games on Saturday night and 29 of 34 home games are hosted on the weekend. This schedule is also very user friendly to our players as we have only six three-game-in-three-night scenarios.
"Going into our 18th season, it is an honor for the Saginaw Spirit Hockey Club and the OHL, to provide the Great Lakes Bay Region with world class sports entertainment. We are grateful to our season ticket members, our group ticket partners and our corporate sponsors for their support in making the Saginaw Spirit an 18-year community success story. This year is full of great promise and hope for the Spirit as many feel that your team, this upcoming season, will compete to win. The game schedule reflects a great opportunity for our players to develop as student athletes and for our fans to see world class athletes during times that they prefer."
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Knights Announce Business Operations Hiring - London Knights
- Otters, OHL Release 2019-20 Season Schedule - Erie Otters
- Boudreau Commits to Greyhounds - Soo Greyhounds
- 2019-20 Frontenacs Regular Season Schedule Released - Kingston Frontenacs
- Battalion Releases Schedule - North Bay Battalion
- 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule Released - Oshawa Generals
- Barrie Colts 25th Anniversary Season Schedule Released - Barrie Colts
- 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule Announced - Guelph Storm
- 2019-20 Official Schedule Released - Soo Greyhounds
- OHL Announces 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - OHL
- 2019-20 Schedule Released - Mississauga Steelheads
- 2019-20 Attack Regular Season Schedule Announced - Owen Sound Attack
- Record 19 Saturday Nights Highlight Schedule - Flint Firebirds
- OHL Releases 2019-2020 Schedule - London Knights
- Full 2019-20 Petes Regular Season Schedule Released - Peterborough Petes
- Kitchener Rangers Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Kitchener Rangers
- Wolves 2019-2020 Regular Season Schedule Announced - Sudbury Wolves
- Saginaw Spirit Release 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Saginaw Spirit
- 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule Announced - Windsor Spitfires
- Afternoon Games Star in 2019-2020 Ottawa 67's Schedule - Ottawa 67's
- 2019-20 Niagara IceDogs Regular Season Schedule Announced - Niagara IceDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saginaw Spirit Stories
- Spirit's Lennox, Bloom featured on Players to Watch list ahead of 2021 NHL Draft
- Fresh off World Juniors Stint, Perfetti Looks Ahead to NHL Dream
- Davis "T-Bone" Codd Named OHL West Division Academic Player of the Month
- Spirit Busy During COVID-19 Pause with Seven Professional Signings
- Philadelphia Flyers Sign Mason Millman to Three-Year, Entry-Level Contract