Ryan Conrad Acquired in Trade with Toronto
UNCASVILLE, CT. - The New England Black Wolves announced today the team has acquired the playing rights of Ryan Conrad from the Toronto Rock. The trade is in exchange for the Black Wolves' fourth round selection (67th overall) of the 2020 Nationaâl Lacrosse League (NLL) Entry Draft.
Per team policy, no details were released.
Conrad was drafted in the fifth round (73rd overall) in the 2019 Entry Draft by the Toronto Rock. He has not yet seen action in the NLL since being drafted.
During his college career, the University of Virginia graduate helped lead the Cavaliers to a national championship title in 2019. The midfielder was named to both the NCAA and ACC All-Tournament teams his senior year and garnered MVP of the ACC Tournament as well. He graduated tied for No. 13 all-time in points (96) by a midfielder, No. 18 for goals (61) by a midfielder and tied for No. 6 for assists (35) by a midfielder. Also in his senior year, he tallied 18 assists which tied for No. 4 all-time in assists by a midfielder in a single season.
In addition to being drafted by the Rock in 2019, he was also drafted second overall in the 2019 Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) Draft. In 2020 he was selected by the Waterdogs in the PLL Expansion Draft as the 16th overall pick. During the 2019 season, he scored one goal and picked up ten ground balls in five games.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 19, 2020
- Ryan Conrad Acquired in Trade with Toronto - New England Black Wolves
- Rock Add 4th Round Pick from New England - Toronto Rock
- Knighthawks Agree to Terms with Free Agent Defenseman Rowan Kelly on Two-Year Deal - Rochester Knighthawks
- Bandits, Shanahan Agree to One-Year Contract - Buffalo Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Black Wolves Stories
- Black Wolves Close out 2020 NLL Draft with Four Additional Draftees
- New England Acquires Jacob Ruest and the 24th Overall Pick in Trade with Colorado Mammoth
- Buque Is Back with the Black Wolves
- Ryan Conrad Acquired in Trade with Toronto
- Black Wolves Lacrosse Leadership Returns