Rockies Stifle Brewers to Win Series
Helena, MT - Playing their final game against Grand Junction this season, the Helena Brewers offense never got going, as the Rockies held them hitless through the first 4.2 innings. Grand Junction broke a scoreless tie with a three run fifth, cruising to a 6-1 victory over the Brewers, taking the series two games to one.
Justin Bullock held the Rockies scoreless through the first four innings, but Grand Junction finally broke the ice against him in the fifth. Zach Hall drew a leadoff walk, but Bullock got the next two. With the corner infielders back, Hunter Stovall put a bunt down and easily reached first base. That brought up Coco Montes, who singled to right on the first pitch, scoring Hall. Grant Lavigne then followed with an RBI single, scoring Stovall and ending the day for Bullock. Grand Junction scored one more in the inning, leading 3-0 at the completion of the frame.
Helena's offense was held hitless until two outs in the fifth, when Pablo Abreu doubled against Jared Skolnicki. The Brewers were also held scoreless until the seventh, when David Fry doubled home a one out single from Yeison Coca. However, the rally was stalled as Fry was thrown out trying to stretch the double into a triple.
Grand Junction added on a run in the eighth and ninth innings respectively, winning 6-1. The Brewers finish their season series against the Rockies 3-4.
The Brewers open up a four game series tomorrow against the Orem Owlz, with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 PM. Joel Pinto makes the start for the Brewers, his first at Kindrick Legion Field. Tomorrow is an AARP Boomer Bogo Monday along with a Micro Monday. For more information and tickets, visit the promotions page of helenabrewers.net.
• Discuss this story on the Pioneer League message board...
Pioneer League Stories from August 21, 2018
- GJ Splits the Bill with Missoula - Grand Junction Rockies
- Billings Beats Idaho Falls 5-4 - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Three Homers Can't Prevent Loss - Ogden Raptors
- Osprey and Rockies Split Doubleheader - Missoula Osprey
- Mustangs Survive Late Surge from Chukars, Win 5-4 - Billings Mustangs
- Brewers and Owlz Suspended Due to Rain - Helena Brewers
- Rockies Stifle Brewers to Win Series - Helena Brewers
- Outman Named Player of the Week - Ogden Raptors
- Former Osprey Emilio Vargas Crowned Cal League Pitcher of the Year - Missoula Osprey
- Late Ogden Homer Seals Voyagers Fate - Great Falls Voyagers
- Bowlan, Webb Leads Chukars to a Win - Idaho Falls Chukars
- Chiu Homers in Seventh to Vault Raptors to Win - Ogden Raptors
- Mustangs Out-Hit Chukars, But Fall 7-4 in Series Opener - Billings Mustangs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.